Interview for a case transferred to Arlington

NDOCT99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My case was transferred earlier from VSC to local INS at Arlington. Now I have received a call for the interview. Can anybody respond with their experience or provide me with a link. I guess the meeting with Officer may not be as easy as for the guys who go there just for stamping after getting approval at VSC.

My meeting has been fixed for 8:50 AM. Can I just walk in at that time or do I have to go thru the queue, meaning being there at like 6 AM.

NDOCT99

No Title

Hi, there. Can you provide info like your transfer date and interview date and what documents they requested? I know Shrini100 will have an interview July 16 and he has some messages linked to that. Good luck to you and hope you post your experience after that.

No Title

Please try to reach there atleast 1 hour earlier. As they mention in notice if you don\'t make it they might cancel your immigration process.

No Title

Hi NDOCT99,

Could you please post your details such as transfer date, who received interview letter (your self or attorney), date of appointment, documents to be required.

My case was tranferred to arlington on May 18. Yesterday, I went arlington office to find the status of my case. The officer told me that they received my application from VCS and told me to wait for interview. She dont know how long it will take to schedule interview for me. BTW I went to arlington office 5-30 AM. I think you dont need to stand in line. You can cut through the line and directly go the entrance. If people in the line asks, you can tell that you have an appointment letter and going to third floor not second floor. Make sure to go early.

dhanush

No Title

Hi guys,

My details are as follows

PD Oct 96
RD Sep 99
ND Oct 99
Case transfer to Arlington in first week of March 2001.
Interview notice rcvd - 7/11/01
Interview date - 7/23/01

I received the interview letter directly from INS, Arlington. They have sent a copy of the same to my Lawyer as well.

The Documents that they have asked for are
Photos
Passports
I-94s
EADs
Birth and Marriage Certificate
Employer Letter
Fed tax return for last 3 years
Affidavit of Support

I was going thru some of the posting by Shrini100 and hear about taking your lawyer. Why is that required? Anyone has any idea about that

NDOCT99

No Title

I don\'t think that a lawyer is required to be with you. But with a lawyer, you can make sure you anwser questions right and the examiner doesn\'t bother you with too many questions. That is just my two penny idea. BTY, I remember Destiny123 has posted a detailed message on his interview in Arlington. Good luck. Please share your experience. Mine also got transferred in June, but no notice, no nothing yet.

No Title

Thanks VA waiting for your response

I tried a search on destiny123 in the archive and could not find the interview details you mentioned in earlier post. I will appreciate if you could post the link here for me

NDOCT99

No Title

hi
congrats,
glad that local transfer case at arlington is moveing
please update your experince after the interview.
Goodluck for your interview

No Title

Thanks a lot VA waiting for finding and pasting the details. I must also thank destiny101 for the details.

NDOCT99

No Title

Hi,

I was unclear about \'Fed tax return for last 3 years\'. Is it W-2 or 1040ez (whatever) tax forms. If it is W2 than all tax payers might have attached one copy for federal and one copy for state tax filings, then remaining two copies of which one is for personal copy. Is that is the one Fed tax return. Could somebody clear me in this issue.

Thanks
dhanush