Interview experiences at San Antonio D.O

gautash

Registered Users (C)
I have my parents' green card interview this Friday April 4th in San Antonio. The same officer is supposed to interview them. Their times are half hour apart, but I'm guessing they'll be called together. I'm wondering if any of you have any experiences that they would like to share.

I've heard that the officers are more friendly in San Antonio than in Houston. Do they tell you at the interview itself if you've been approved or not?

Thanks.

Hi gautash,

I had my interview in San Antonio last year (US citizen spouse). You can find my interview experience here in the May 2007 filer thread. The IO was very courteous. I was told immediately that I was approved and also got an I-551 stamp. Be sure you come early so you can figure out the parking situation there.

Hi gautash,

I had my interview in San Antonio last year (US citizen spouse). You can find my interview experience here in the May 2007 filer thread. The IO was very courteous. I was told immediately that I was approved and also got an I-551 stamp. Be sure you come early so you can figure out the parking situation there.

Thanks for that link Austriacus.... that was very informative. My wife and I reside in different cities but unfortunately never included an explanation letter in our application packet. I guess the best I can do now is to take one along with me to our interview on Apr 9.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

Thank you very much, austriacus. The link was very informative. I really appreciate everything you have done for folks on this forum. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

Thanks for the praise, gautash and sands2007 ... good to know that writing the interview experience "epic" last year has helped someone.

sands2007, the explanation letter is not official USCIS guidance or stated anywhere as far as I know, certainly not as "required initial evidence" when you send your application. Perhaps my IO was just picky ... I believe he did imply that it would have been ok to bring it to the interview also, as long as he had something in writing at the end of the interview explaining the separate addresses and what your plans are so the IO can add it to his or her files and approve the petition right there. I think I got the idea for the letter from another thread that I read about the subject.