Interview experience?

She8me

Registered Users (C)
I have a scheduled interview for my I-485 approval in Chicago (INS - S. Dearborn St location) and I was wondering if anyone has any information to share about what it's like and what documents are needed.

If mine's is scheduled in the morning and my wife's is scheduled in the afternoon then I can accompany her for her interview, correct?

I received a white sheet concerning the appointment and a pink sheet indicating document requirements. I'm doing an employment-based GC. What docs would my wife and I need?
I assume that we won't need the Affidavit of Support (I-864) doc as I believe that's for family sponsored petitions.

It lists Medical Exam (I-693) and Immunizaton Supplement (sealed documents) but these were submitted with my I-485 application?

It also lists Fingerprints but I did this back in May, 2001. I won't need these right? Won't they have these on file?

re.

you have to accomapny your spouse always .
docs. reqd.
take everything listed in there.
marriage photos,joint lease, common credit card bills,
utility bills, recently addresses enveloped showing
both on address, last 3 year w-2's, IRS transcripts,
to be on safe side police clearance cert. in case problem with FP, marriage photos, bith certs.,drivers licncse ,ssn, ead, ap,
marraige cert.
make a copy of each of this docs.
medicals not reqd. although ur attorney will have a copy.

Interview documents

She8me,

The Medical Exam and fingerprints requirements may have been checked as required as a routine procedure, as I gathered when I was asked for the same. Confirm this with the center or your legal counsel. Good luck!

The medical exam I-693 is listed on the interview letter, but in my case they did not ask for it. I have heard this from a couple of others who had their interviews too. But, when it comes to INS you don't want to take any chances. If they do need the I-693 and you don't have it, it will only cause more delay.