Interview Experience. Wife out of status

That's not the point. I wouldn't spend a single $ on something with such a low probability of success.
My attorney told me that Chicago is horrible for waivers. Recently, she had a client with three US citizen kids, been in US for over 15 years, husband US citizen. The waiver was denied because it was not enough to cover “extreme hardship” requirements.

Update

Our newly hired attorney responded to the request for evidence today. She wrote 2 page letter arguing that my wife may have failed to maintain continuo lawful status but she did not accrue unlawful presence because of her F1 status. Therefore the 3/10 year bar wasn’t triggered
I’ll post another update after we hear back from USCIS

Thanks for the update. Is this the same attorney you mentioned in post #59 almost three weeks ago, the one who was going to charge $2000?

Yes, same lawyer. $2K for 2 pages - not bad.
As I said, she only argued the F1 – D/S vs. unlawful presence.
She did not bring up the fact that my wife has already served the 3 year ban while in the US if the ban applies. The attorney left that out in case we need to file MTR

To all following our immigration journey:
We just received a notification e-mail from the USCIS that “On August 30, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.,etc” I believe my wife was just granted permanent residence.
I can’t believe that this 11 year ordeal has coming to an end.
Thank you all for your support.

I’ll post details….

I can't believe that the lawyer won this complex case full of USCIS crap. Well, this show with money, I mean, $2,000, you can win every case with USCIS....lol!! Don't celebrate yet, wait for the card to be in hand, please examine it for correct names and date of birth. This will be a indeed a green card...lol!! Also, don't celebrate tonight in bed too, lest you jinx it...

Get listening to the station. They would appreciate it if you knew some of the dj's too.Don't slag off any other stations, be diplomatic. Just be yourself other than that. Good luck.

Paulk - Must be a relief. Congratulations to you and your wife.

Jackolantern - I was reading your first few responses on this thread where you said that marrying a USC doesn't result in 3/10 year ban being forgiven automatically.

Is this true only when non-USC spouse who is a) unlawfully present 180+ and b) has AOS pending and c) travels out of the US?

Or

Is this true even when non-USC souse who is a) unlawfully present 180+ and b) AOS was approved via marriage to a USC c) never travels while AOS was pending?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackolantern - I was reading your first few responses on this thread where you said that marrying a USC doesn't result in 3/10 year ban being forgiven automatically.

Despite marriage to a US citizen, unlawful presence is not forgiven if the immigrant's last entry to the US was illegal, or if they traveled outside the US after accumulating 180 days of unlawful presence but before green card approval. (this is assuming no exceptions or waivers such as 245i are applicable)

It is official!
I've got the approvals for both I130 and I485 in the mail today. We should be receiving the green card soon.