Interview Experience(While I was registered to Vote in error in the past)

jumper8

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!.
First off thanks to everyones's opinion on my past questions..My situation that I saw a potential problem was that I was registered to vote in error when I first arrived in the US 5 yrs ago.
I may have signed the form without reading(which was ignorant on my side),but the unchangeable fact was that I was registered to vote.

MY ACTIONS:
1.Went to the election board and de registered my name and they gave me a letter stating that I never voted

2.I answered YES to the N-400 because I wanted to be absolutely truthful and I attached a paper to explain what happened.
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

1.They called me 30 mins after my official scheduled and the officer was nice..
We went thru my N-400 and verify some information and I knew she was going to stop at the "Have you ever registered to vote"

She stop there and asked me to why it happened..I simply explained that I it happened when I was 3 weeks in the US and I went and de registered my name then she replied.."So you are not registered to vote now?"...then I said yes then she said that is fine....

He went on and asked all the civic questions,reading writing..I passed all of it.
She approved my application with a big RED stamp.
I was going to take thesame day oath,but was asked to come back the next day afternoon for the oath since they usually do the oath at 2pm and it was already 2pm when we were done...Portland,OR district does same day oath Mon thru Thursday at 2pm so if your interview is like 3 hours before 2pm,you'd get same day oath....

So folks, I am doing my oath tomorrow at 2pm and all the worries I had surrounding this issue is put to rest.
Goodluck to everyone out there!
My Timeline:
PD: 03/26/08
FP: 04/12/08 - walk-in(originally schedule 03/17/08)
IL recieved: 06/06/08
Interview Date: 07/30/08 - passed,and Approved!:rolleyes:
Oath: 07/31/08

Last edited by a moderator: