Interview experience SFO, NEED HELP!

sonjakrabetz

Registered Users (C)
I try to make it short, but I'm really upset and sad with how our interview went today in San Francisco!
Story about our relationship: We've been together almost 5 years, got married last year in July. But we don't live together ( we live 30 minutes apart by car/1 hour bike ) since I have a live in Nanny position where I often work late into the night!

We see each other average 4 +/- times a week and we have tons of pictures (I brought 6 albums full with pics ). Car title, life insurance, bank account, refrence letters from friends, car insurance etc.

Unluckily we where called in and when he asked why we don't live together (he asked the question into the room and I thought he would direct it to either on of us ) , we had a small pause til my husband answered because I work as a nanny and he likes to live in san francisco and I like to live in mill valley! anyways, it isn't a lie, we enjoy our living situation and we used to live together with his mom for 8 months (have lots of letters which can state that ) when I came here again on my B1/B2 Visa.
He shortly looked at the life insurance (which my husband just got with me as benificary )..of course that didn't look to good either. And bank statements (he didn't really look at them ) and the pictures he almost didn't look at!

I think because of that on question he asked, and he didn't like the answer ( the answer just didn't sound right ), he just put in some infos in his computer and told us we'll get a letter telling us what comes next. I knew already that this isn't a good sign and asked him if he wants to see more of my documents, but he said no, and that we'll hear from his supervisor?!

I'm so upset because we didn't want to lie about our relationship and now i feel like we should have made it up and just asked either my famliy or my husbands landloard to write the lease!

On top I always read not to vomunteer infos, so when he asked when was the last time I came to the US, I said May 04, but didn't mention that I went there on vacation with my husband and his mom, because I thought I just should answer the question!

I'm really bummed and think it's not fair since I know about people who got it and faked everything! I was really optimistic and now I'm just sad and all I can do is cry because I don't know what to expect or what can happen.

He gave us a letter which said FURTHER REVIEW! And all I can think of it's gonna be a denial or second interview. Can anyone help us and may be should we get a lawyer to write a letter before the supervisor is gonna make his decision and we get a denial letter? What are the options after a denial?

ANY HELP REALLY APPRECIATED ( thanks ari4u already because you are still sticking around even you got your greencard already!)

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Hi Sonja,

I just read your post now. Unfortunately, I don't have any practical advice on what you should do now. But just wanted to let you know that things will eventually work out for you. Good luck to you!

cheers,
- Priya

Thanks...

just woke up crying again...it's just so unfair because we were nervous...gonna call lawyer and find out what he has to say!
thanks sonja

Sonja,

I'm so sorry to hear about your interview experience. I don't know what you should do now either, but I do think you did good not lying about your situation, because one way or the other they would have looked through you and then you would have had an even harder time now. And those people who fake it and still get approved were just damn lucky, but they will be screwed applying for removal of conditions.

On your second interview, they will surely realize that your marriage is genuine. I find it weird that they didn't already see it, I mean, you guys have been together for 5 years. You probably just didn't have so much luck with your interviewer.

Mach Dir keine Sorgen, es wird alles gut!!

Did the officer keep any of the documents or did he make any copies, if not then he has scheduled you guys for a second interview, there is no way your application can be denied. So wait in the mail for either an RFE or a letter for second interview.

Dont get upset as INS people only look for documents and nothing else so the first thing I would recommend is live together.... b/c that is the thing that caused the problem ..it may be a pain of a commute as I know how far things are in Cali but it is better than going before a judge. If they ask you later why u moved after the interview just tell them you would rather sacrifice personal comfort then be separated from each other by the INS. !!

As for a lawyer, I would highly recommend it as in such cases the lawyer can answer for you guys better and the officer has to listen to him unlike when people go alone and the officer just says " go home u will get a letter".

I dont know the timeline for 2nd interview but Im sure other veterans will inform you of that and how long it takes.

Best of Luck

Thanks..

There was another thing which was just weird, because the whole building got evacuated right when we came there because of a fire drill and it seemed like he was rushing through because the lines got bigger and bigger since everyone had to go through security check again etc.!

He kept my I-94 form and my interview letter but didn't keep any documents at all. He didn't even see most of it besides the life insurance and bank statements! We also didn't sit together (we had to put our bags in between us ).

I think you are right about the living situation...I'll let you guys know what the lawyer said!

Thanks Sonja

He kept your I-94 :confused: well they usually do that when they approve your application. :confused: :confused:

Well you know what this is just my gut feeling but not sure. I have heard they sometimes physically do background checks. They ask the CIS investigators to follow you guys around and stuff ( not very sure about this just heard about this but never got confirmation firsthand.)

So my theory is he is going to give it to the sup and if the sup has no issues then they will approve it else ask CIS to check your story and approve it else call you for another interview.

What ever it takes.....

yeah, when i came back i checked my passport and i saw him taking it out, but i wsa so confused that i didn't ask him why/what and when we were out of that room i started crying already and my husband and his mom came, because they didn;t really know what happened/or what it means.

they can come and follow us around, i would actually like it so they see how often we spend time together and how much we love each other...if anything they make our relationship stronger than it is already.

we've managed to stay together when i lived in germany for a year, he came to visit me twice and i came once. than i decided to go for another 6 months and lived with him and his mom...than i got the job and wanted to save money so i can go to massageschool, which i just started....anyways.

I'm thankful for all the people and your advices...wouldn't know what to do without you!

Thanks bps01, patty etc.

I do not want to upset anybody or argue. But if I was in this situation, I would try to get the lease document from now on with both our names on it. I truly believe the marriage is real though exceptional. You should understand the view of bureaucrat officer. Living separately is a red flag for them, no matter what is the reason. By so called not written law, you live together for a while then you marry. In your case it is oposite. You marry without living together before or even after. I do not think the officer paid or will pay any attention to your years while not married and living together.
I also believe they just can't deny your I-485 without some real proof of marriage being fake. Most likely you will have second interview.
Good luck.

Health - I 693 form issue

Hi guys,

Not sure I am writing this in the right forum. I got a problem. My wife has an inactive Hepatitis B. The doctor wrote in the I-693 form "Advised applicant to contact local communication deasese center." But also wrote in the form "Meets Criteria for Adjustment". The later statement means form health side, she should not have problem for I-485 approval. However, will USCIS send RFE later whether she has contacted CDC.

Has any one experienced/heard about such case ?

Would appreciate your reply. thanks a bunch

Jai Ma

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sonja,
Sorry to hear about your situation, dont cry...I am sure you will hear something good in your next encounter with USCIS. As long as your relationship is genuine it will pay off your nagging green card case, Now thats my two cents.

sonjakrabetz said:
I try to make it short, but I'm really upset and sad with how our interview went today in San Francisco!
Story about our relationship: We've been together almost 5 years, got married last year in July. But we don't live together ( we live 30 minutes apart by car/1 hour bike ) since I have a live in Nanny position where I often work late into the night!

We see each other average 4 +/- times a week and we have tons of pictures (I brought 6 albums full with pics ). Car title, life insurance, bank account, refrence letters from friends, car insurance etc.

Unluckily we where called in and when he asked why we don't live together (he asked the question into the room and I thought he would direct it to either on of us ) , we had a small pause til my husband answered because I work as a nanny and he likes to live in san francisco and I like to live in mill valley! anyways, it isn't a lie, we enjoy our living situation and we used to live together with his mom for 8 months (have lots of letters which can state that ) when I came here again on my B1/B2 Visa.
He shortly looked at the life insurance (which my husband just got with me as benificary )..of course that didn't look to good either. And bank statements (he didn't really look at them ) and the pictures he almost didn't look at!

I think because of that on question he asked, and he didn't like the answer ( the answer just didn't sound right ), he just put in some infos in his computer and told us we'll get a letter telling us what comes next. I knew already that this isn't a good sign and asked him if he wants to see more of my documents, but he said no, and that we'll hear from his supervisor?!

I'm so upset because we didn't want to lie about our relationship and now i feel like we should have made it up and just asked either my famliy or my husbands landloard to write the lease!

On top I always read not to vomunteer infos, so when he asked when was the last time I came to the US, I said May 04, but didn't mention that I went there on vacation with my husband and his mom, because I thought I just should answer the question!

I'm really bummed and think it's not fair since I know about people who got it and faked everything! I was really optimistic and now I'm just sad and all I can do is cry because I don't know what to expect or what can happen.

He gave us a letter which said FURTHER REVIEW! And all I can think of it's gonna be a denial or second interview. Can anyone help us and may be should we get a lawyer to write a letter before the supervisor is gonna make his decision and we get a denial letter? What are the options after a denial?

ANY HELP REALLY APPRECIATED ( thanks ari4u already because you are still sticking around even you got your greencard already!)

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Sonja, sorry to hear about this. I know its not what you were expecting (having prepared so much for the interview), but i guess the officer was only doing what he thought was correct. Living separately is not an issue as long as there is a valid and genuine reason for it. There are genuine cases where the husband and wife live on either coasts and are unable to live together for a while due to commitments like a job transfer or college, but not staying together and being only 30 mins drive away would definitely raise doubts no matter how much evidence you try to show that your marraige is bonafide. I dont know what the next step would be, i can only guess that it could either be a field investigation or a second interview. In either case, it would really help a lot if you move in together or atleast get a lease with both names on it. I am suggesting you to do it the legal way and not forge the documnts.

You should consult a "good" lawyer and see how it goes from here. At this point, i can only think of this.. till then here is a hug to make you feel better... {{hug}}}. Take care.

Jai Ma said:
Hi guys,

Not sure I am writing this in the right forum. I got a problem. My wife has an inactive Hepatitis B. The doctor wrote in the I-693 form "Advised applicant to contact local communication deasese center." But also wrote in the form "Meets Criteria for Adjustment". The later statement means form health side, she should not have problem for I-485 approval. However, will USCIS send RFE later whether she has contacted CDC.

Has any one experienced/heard about such case ?

Would appreciate your reply. thanks a bunch

Jai Ma

Why dont you delete your post from here and start a new thread with your question? You may be in the right forum but this is definitely the wrong thread to hijack!

Thanks Ari4u

We could have actually put him on my lease, but we just wanted to stick with the truth. But now we gonna change it. I live with the family I'm working for in a seperate unit with own entrance, kitchen, bath etc. But we won't be able to show utility bills (just my house phone ) since they pay for everything.

Also Ely's (my husbands ) lease is gonna be up til at least August ( you think that would cause a problem?). I tried to get a consultation meeting with a good lawyer we got referred to but of course good lawyers are busy and it's not gonna be before the end of may..so I'm not sure if I should wait for her, or try someone else!

What exactly is field investigation? If it means someone is checking on us it's gonna be funny, since I always ride my bike across the Golden Gate Bridge to get to his house ( he lives with 2 roomates by the way )...they gonna cause lot's of traffic:)!!! Well I try not to worry too much...it's gonna be o.k.!!!RIGHT??? And thanks for the hug...appreciated a lot!