Interview Experience - Memphis, TN

BigDave

Registered Users (C)
Had my interview & was approved today! :cool:

Got to the building 30 mins before my appointment. Was probably already around 30+ people in the waiting room.
Was called in around 90 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, glad I took a book to read!

IO was very matter of fact, don't think I saw him smile once.
He asked me to stand up & swear to tell the truth, then he went over my application. He just asked me to confirm the information, name, marriage details, time spent out of the US etc.
I was cited for careless driving a couple of years ago, & attended driving school so that I didn't get points on my license. I put this on my application, & sent in copies of my ticket & driving school certificate with my application. The IO didn't mention it during the interview.

I took a lot of paperwork with me, IRS transcripts, utility bills etc (as I was applying via marriage), but he only asked to see my green card & driving license. Didn't even have to show my passport.

Went over the civics questions. Was asked to name the original 13 states, glad I studied that one! Got all 10 questions right, then had to read & write a basic English sentence.

He said that he was going to recommend me for approval, & handed me the N-652 form. Said I would get a letter around 30 days before my oath ceremony. He couldn't tell me when that was likely to be.

I filed via TSC & had a priority date of 6/12/2007.

Fantastic feeling to know I am almost done with the whole Immigration process!

Good luck to everyone else, I'm now going to crack open a few beers! :D

Big Dave..First of all. Congratulatiom. Did you apply at Texas service center. When was your finger print done. I had my FP done on 3/19/08. I am trying to estimate my IL date.

Big Dave..First of all. Congratulatiom. Did you apply at Texas service center. When was your finger print done. I had my FP done on 3/19/08. I am trying to estimate my IL date.

Yeah I applied through TSC. My fingerprints were done in early July 2007.

I was cited for careless driving a couple of years ago, & attended driving school so that I didn't get points on my license. I put this on my application, & sent in copies of my ticket & driving school certificate with my application. The IO didn't mention it during the interview.

I am assuming you answered YES to question 16 about being "cited". Is that correct? If so, how come the IO didn't even mention it during the interview? They are supposed to go through every question/answer.