• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

interview experience ( IRAN )

panisalari

Registered Users (C)
Hi

After waiting for 1 year and 2 months i finally had my interview last week.
I spent 5 hours in the us embassy, first they took all my documents which i had collected and prepared during the last one year then they asked me to pay the fees of 775$ and after 1 hour they called my name to the immigration counter for the final interview.

The interviewer asked me several questions and then he told me that 99% i have a chance of recieving my visa but he said he has to check something electronically and if everything is ok i will recieve my passport in 2 weeks.

could anybody tell me what are they actually going to check?
what is an electronical check?

Nobody exactly knows what they will check but I have no doubt that you will get it. Congratulations, go pack your bags :)

salam masoud

hi

I also hope to get the visa too, now i just have to cross my fingers and pray.
anyway thanks for your reply.
:)

The interviewer asked me several questions and then he told me that 99% i have a chance of recieving my visa but he said he has to check something electronically and if everything is ok i will recieve my passport in 2 weeks.

Was he talking about checking the availability of visa number electronically? because thats what happen during my interview last week. The difference is, the officer who interviewed me check for my visa number availability on the spot when we were there and I can see "APPROVED" both times (because its for me and my husband therefore need to check twice) and that's why our passport got stamped right away.

hi Pani,

Congradulations, i hope you get your visa soon. please inform me on the result. ( especially that electronically check's purpose )

good luck, pegah

hi

hi

No it is not a check for visa availability.
The interviewer told me that it is an internal issue and he has to check something internally and electronically which according to me is the famous name check by FBI for iranian applicant.

He said they will check it within a week and if there is no problem i should receive my passport in the second week, then i asked him what if there is a problem then he said the embassy will send me a letter and they will inform me about it then i also asked him is it the FBI check and the interviewer smilled and said he can't tell me anything about it but he said 99% i have a chance of receiving the visa.

Thanks pegah but i still don't know if i am going to get the visa, when is your interview? all the best

Was he talking about checking the availability of visa number electronically? because thats what happen during my interview last week. The difference is, the officer who interviewed me check for my visa number availability on the spot when we were there and I can see "APPROVED" both times (because its for me and my husband therefore need to check twice) and that's why our passport got stamped right away.
Does that mean it's possible to have successful interview and yet be denied a visa because the 50K quota is used up...?? Sounds little unreasonable to me.

hi

No it is not a check for visa availability.
The interviewer told me that it is an internal issue and he has to check something internally and electronically which according to me is the famous name check by FBI for iranian applicant.

He said they will check it within a week and if there is no problem i should receive my passport in the second week, then i asked him what if there is a problem then he said the embassy will send me a letter and they will inform me about it then i also asked him is it the FBI check and the interviewer smilled and said he can't tell me anything about it but he said 99% i have a chance of receiving the visa.

Thanks pegah but i still don't know if i am going to get the visa, when is your interview? all the best

in the last week of Aug in Ankara. I need your praying. I am quite sure that you will get it. by the way, did they want any additional documents from you?

movafagh bashi

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that mean it's possible to have successful interview and yet be denied a visa because the 50K quota is used up...?? Sounds little unreasonable to me.

It may sounded reasonable but the officer did make the request in front of me, he even showed me what he entered.
He said, visa numbers usually good till Sept 30, but hey i think it is still depends which region you came from.. and how many got approved by Sept 30-all I know he requested it and i got 2 approved hence the reason why he stamp our passports with I551 with validity of 1 yr while waiting for the real card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

After waiting for 1 year and 2 months i finally had my interview last week.
I spent 5 hours in the us embassy, first they took all my documents which i had collected and prepared during the last one year then they asked me to pay the fees of 775$ and after 1 hour they called my name to the immigration counter for the final interview.

could you guys explain what kind of visa you are talking here?tourist, student?

hi iranian

hi

I got my passport with an immigrant visa placed in it within a week after my interview.
My case no was one of the highest in Asia, i waited for 1 year and 2 months and almost everyday i used to read this forum.

My special thanks to all those who had guided me in this forum, i gained alot from this forum and my advice to all those winner with a high case no is be patient and try to gather as much as informatin you can because you never know what the interviewer will ask you.

all the best for all the Iranian winner
:):):):):):):):):):):

Best Wishes To You All Persian Friends. I Know Many Off U Interviewed In Ankara Whic My Born City And Will Be Interviewed In October 2009.

Cut Off Number For 2009 Is Explained In The State.gov And For Eur Is 6600 Its Very High Number Better Then Last Afew Years.

For Asia Its 2900.

Good Luck Persians...!!!

salam pegah

Hi

I also wish u luck and i hope you ll also have a hassel free interview.

please inform me about your interview experience
take care

Petition For High CN of AS

Hi dear friends,
If you are a winner of DV2009 and you have a High Case Number (more than 28000) please visit here and make your petition. it will help us to understand what will happen in the future.
if you know some one who has this situation, please PM Him/Her to take a part in this.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=288552