Interview experience in Chicago

chicagoboy77

Registered Users (C)
If you had an interview in Chicago please share the experience with us.
Also please let's know if you got the oath letter on the spot and the time laps between the interview and the oath
Also did the IO focus much on your ppt and travel dates?

If you had an interview in Chicago please share the experience with us.
Also please let's know if you got the oath letter on the spot and the time laps between the interview and the oath
Also did the IO focus much on your ppt and travel dates?

You can look-up the Chicago N-400 thread for people's experiences:
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...meline/page75&highlight=chicago+n-400+tracker

I had an interview in Chicago but that was almost 2 year ago, so I am not sure how up to date my info would be.
My own interview went quite smoothly and the most difficult question that the IO had to struggle with was whether to count my Russian patronimic as a part of my full legal name or not.

Regarding the oath letter: if you live in Chicago/Chicago suburbs and if you are recommended for approval at the interview, you'll get the oath letter at the conclusion of the interview.

If you are from central/downstate Illinois (which was the case for me) you'll have to wait for the oath letter to come by mail. In central/downstate Illinois the federal courts claimed exclusive jurisdiction over naturalization oath, so everybody has to have a judicial oath and those take longer to schedule - plus they must be scheduled in the area where the applicant lives rather than in Chicago itself. In my town the federal court only has oath ceremonies about 4 times a year. So I had to wait a little over a month for the oath letter and about a month and a half for the oath.
Those who live in Chicago/Chicago suburbs get administrative oaths that are administered by the USCIS itself, not by the courts. I think USCIS has oath ceremonies in Chicago at least a couple of times per week.