Interview Experience at Memphis DO

kashabasha

Registered Users (C)
Hello all.

I had my interview at the Memphis DO on Wednesday, September 13. Only two other people were present when I arrived 30 minutes before my appointment. I dropped my interview letter in a slot and waited in a hall. I was called in within 5 minutes. An African-American lady led me into her office. Before anything, I was told to take a oath to tell only the truth. She asked for my passport, driver's license, greencard. Then she casually opened my file online and went thru the information I provided on my N400 application. It was very casual and informal, but I could feel the tension. The only issue I had was speeding tickets. She wanted to look at the proof of payment of fines, but did not include them in the file. She asked me to sign on two photographs, and twice on the N400 form, the interview section and oath section.

The history test was very easy as was the written/speaking English test.

I realized she didn't look at my Selective Service letter. Is this an issue?

She said she would recommend for approval, after her superviser looked and checked everything. I was told to wait for information on oath ceremony which will sent by mail at a later time.

All in all, it was over too fast than I expected. I took the following with me to be sure:

Interview letter
Greencard
Passport
N400 application copy
N400 application receipt notice
Fingerprinting receipt notice
I-485 approval/receipt notice/application
I-140 approval/receipt notice/application
H1-B related material/F-1 related I-20s, EAD for Practical training
IRS tax transcripts - issued only for past four years, not five
Selective Service 'not having to register' letter
Employment letter/pay stubs
Utility bills/credit card and bank statements
Birth certificate/Marriage certificate
Traffic violations proof of payments from court documents
Social security card
Driver's license
Child's birth certificate

PD: 5/9/06
FP: 6/21/06
IV: 9/13/06
Oath: ??

Hope this information helps others. Good luck to you.

kb

kashabasha said:
Hello all.

I had my interview at the Memphis DO on Wednesday, September 13. Only two other people were present when I arrived 30 minutes before my appointment. I dropped my interview letter in a slot and waited in a hall. I was called in within 5 minutes. An African-American lady led me into her office. Before anything, I was told to take a oath to tell only the truth. She asked for my passport, driver's license, greencard. Then she casually opened my file online and went thru the information I provided on my N400 application. It was very casual and informal, but I could feel the tension. The only issue I had was speeding tickets. She wanted to look at the proof of payment of fines, but did not include them in the file. She asked me to sign on two photographs, and twice on the N400 form, the interview section and oath section.

The history test was very easy as was the written/speaking English test.

I realized she didn't look at my Selective Service letter. Is this an issue?

She said she would recommend for approval, after her superviser looked and checked everything. I was told to wait for information on oath ceremony which will sent by mail at a later time.

All in all, it was over too fast than I expected. I took the following with me to be sure:

Interview letter
Greencard
Passport
N400 application copy
N400 application receipt notice
Fingerprinting receipt notice
I-485 approval/receipt notice/application
I-140 approval/receipt notice/application
H1-B related material/F-1 related I-20s, EAD for Practical training
IRS tax transcripts - issued only for past four years, not five
Selective Service 'not having to register' letter
Employment letter/pay stubs
Utility bills/credit card and bank statements
Birth certificate/Marriage certificate
Traffic violations proof of payments from court documents
Social security card
Driver's license
Child's birth certificate

PD: 5/9/06
FP: 6/21/06
IV: 9/13/06
Oath: ??

Hope this information helps others. Good luck to you.

kb
glad to hear interview in Memphis! it seems like nobody lived in that area lol Anyway, its good that she told you the approval , because they hardly ever do that! Or ever recommend for approval or oath. They don't mention that usually. I went through the same office.

Do you live in nashville?

kashabasha: Thanks very much for sharing your experience. Your list of documents looks very comprehensive! Obviously you were well prepared.

Did you take copies of the documents (e.g. marriage certificate) as well? Or just originals?

Citi2007 said:
kashabasha: Thanks very much for sharing your experience. Your list of documents looks very comprehensive! Obviously you were well prepared.

Did you take copies of the documents (e.g. marriage certificate) as well? Or just originals?
citi, are you filing in Memphis?