Interview Experience and Wrong Info in My File!

Wait05

Registered Users (C)
I had my citizenship interview in March 2005 and the officer gave me a N-652-Naturalization Interview Results Form, which states that "a decision cannot yet be made".

Although the officer didn't tell me why, I have reasons to believe that they have information that relates to someone else with the same name as mine in my file. Here is why I think so:

While reviewing my file during the interview, the officer asked me 5 times if I applied for an "Aeronautical Engineering" school or flight training program in the US. I answered "no" because I have not applied. He asked me to sign a statement stating that I have not applied to any such programs. I signed it.
He kept me waiting another hour in the waiting room and finally handed me the N-652 form and told me he would send me his decison in mail (He didn't tell me why he could not make a decision).

I am a turkish citizen. My name is a very common name in my home country. Although I haven't had any legal issues during the time I have been holding my green card (6 years) and satisfied all requirements listed in the application, I believe my application is being delayed because of info in my file that does not belong to me.

Someone with the same name may have applied to a flight related school. And in the background/security check, they may have matched that name with mine. Logically, I am expecting them to run another check and clear this mistake, however I am not sure if they are doing it or just driving this process up to a steep hill.

Another thing I noticed:The officer was a bit rude and unfriendly. I could feel the hostility in every word he spoke and in the air. Couple times he raised hie voice to a level that a reasonable person would find unacceptable. He asked me more than 15 history questions (I answered all without any mistake). I heard most people were asked no more than 3 questions. I could swear that he was doing his best to doom my application. I have further thoughts but it would be too much to express them here.

My 120 days will be up on July 15, 2005.

My questions to anyone with a similar experience or with related knowledge are:

1- How long would it take for USCIS to make a decision?
2- What I should do in terms of follow up if I don't have an answer at the end of 120 days? I am planning to go ISCIS Office and demand it personally? Is it a legal mess that one can not handle without a lawyer?
3- Any other recommendations that would allow me to be actively involved in the process rather than waiting for USCIS to make a decision about my life?

Thank you all in advance.

Peace :)

Write a letter to the officer and request to complete the processing on your case. Contact and ask for help from your Congressman and Senator's office in completing the processing on your file.

Hi Wait05;

First I told before not to even ask for a driver's license in this country if have a common muslim name :confused: you could have used the public bus system. ;)

Kidding aside. your case lies with the Officer in charge in your district office and the office director. If you haven't emailed the FBI requesting an update on your name check. I suggest you do that now. Look for an attorny to file a mandamus on your behalf after july 15th.

sg_orl said:
Write a letter to the officer and request to complete the processing on your case. Contact and ask for help from your Congressman and Senator's office in completing the processing on your file.

Thank you Sg_Orl.

I just realized that the officer's stamp on the form is not good. I can't read his last name. Does anyone know a number that I can call and learn his full name? it's Boston District Office. I am hoping that I don't have to go there to learn it.

You will have to write to Boston DO director and DEMAND and answer on the status of your application. He will not answer the first time. You write the second time with something like "you have chosen to ignore my first request" and include the first request as well. 60% chance he will ignore your second request. Hire a lawyer on the grounds that you are past 120 days ... this should do it.