Interview experiance from Jan 2004

VA2

Registered Users (C)
I have attached the file with my experiance in it. It was too long for being a post. Just changed the file to that of a word document, it should make the formating more easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by VA2
I have attached the file with my experiance in it. It was too long for being a post.

Congratulations on your success. The detailed report would
surely help the people in line.

Raju

I have a question regarding the transit visa you mention in your file where you have put down your experience. When I travel to India, I would be on my second H1 and my first H1 would have expired. I will be having my approval notice for the second H1.

How does one go about getting a transit visa to go thro Europe?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Originally posted by VA2
I have attached the file with my experiance in it. It was too long for being a post.

Re: Re: Interview experiance from Jan 2004

Originally posted by dilbert30
I have a question regarding the transit visa you mention in your file where you have put down your experience. When I travel to India, I would be on my second H1 and my first H1 would have expired. I will be having my approval notice for the second H1.

How does one go about getting a transit visa to go thro Europe?

Thanks,
Dilbert

If reqd. apply to the appopriate consulate of the transit country.
The are 3 general categories.
Countries req. transit visa - UK (Flying BA, AI ..)
Countries req. transit visa if no valid stamp in PP - France (Flying DL, AF ..)
Countries not req. transit visa - Holland, Germany (?) (Flying NW, KL, LH)

Originally posted by VA2

What's the bank letter?

Pretty funny about the Photo incident.

Congrats for getting your stuff done.

VA:

I am really happy for you that everything went relatively smooth both @ the cp interview and with POE and getting the cards.
Hope you are enjoying you GC holder days! And definitely as raju said good job with integrating all your GC related information from day 1. I am sure this will be useful to a number of future cp candidates and will be a tool to convince folks to move towards cp as opposed to aos!

dilbert30
About the transit visa. Rules may have changed but when I traveled (Jan 9th) through Germany (Frankfurt), then the requirement was if I do not have a valid visa stamped in my passport, I need a transit visa for the airport. Best thing to do is contact the local embassy of the country you are traveling through and ask for the latest rules.

alren:
The Bank letter, is a letter from your bank (as opposed to a statement) which gives your id info and , balance and length of time with the account. Its a just in case item. Statement are enough most of the time.

Originally posted by VA2
I have attached the file with my experiance in it. It was too long for being a post. Just changed the file to that of a word document, it should make the formating more easier. [/QUOTE

Congrats!!!!
enjoy your post GC life. Thanx for all the details , they will be helpful to the people like me who are in the line.

anushri

Hi,
Thanks for the info. To me, it looks like the list of things to take care of just keep growing.

Ok, transit visa - I am positive that my visa will be expired when i travel and I was thinking of going thro Frankfurt. how did you get your visa? Do we have to courier the PP to the German embassy.

Would you please let me know??
Thanks,
Dilbert
Originally posted by VA2
dilbert30
About the transit visa. Rules may have changed but when I traveled (Jan 9th) through Germany (Frankfurt), then the requirement was if I do not have a valid visa stamped in my passport, I need a transit visa for the airport. Best thing to do is contact the local embassy of the country you are traveling through and ask for the latest rules.

alren:
The Bank letter, is a letter from your bank (as opposed to a statement) which gives your id info and , balance and length of time with the account. Its a just in case item. Statement are enough most of the time.

dilbert30:

For me (I'm located in Austin) the closest German consulate was in Houston. You may find the closest consulate to your address by going to the below web site:

http://www.germany-info.org/relaunch/info/missions/consulates/consulates.html

It also describes the documents for getting the transit visa, Which are :

fully completed application form

- two passport photographs

- valid national passport and one copy

- original of valid US alien registration card or valid US visa (type A, B, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, O, R) and one copy.

- confirmed airline ticket to final destination (My onward flight from Germany is "open".) and one copy

- visa for your final destination (if required) and one copy
- Visa fee ($15, I think)

It takes a day to process the application. You get it the next day. So you may have to go there twice. Its a pretty straight forward process but a hassle anyway, especially if you have drive to the place where the consulate is located.

Hope that helps. If you not purchased the tickets already then maybe you can try KLM they don't have rules like this.

If you want to apply by post, it may take longer then one day. So it would depend how quickly you want it and what is your threshold of tolerence of the amount of time you can live without physically possesing your passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by VA2

Hope that helps. If you not purchased the tickets already then maybe you can try KLM they don't have rules like this.

Umm! It's Dutch (Holland) rules and not KLM's (I mean France, England etc., not AF, DL, BA, etc.)

As a matter of fact (at least back in 1997) Holland also requires transit visa, but it is NOT enforced. Holland was enforcing for a v. v. brief period of time in 1997.

Some of the other countries, they have either changed the rules or have not enforced it in the past.

Just want to emphasize for those reading this posting on transit visa, currently Amsterdam (Holland) does not require transit visa and there are many European countries requiring transit visas from certain folks such as those without a valid visa stamp in the passport, ones with a valid visa approval paper (but no stamp).

If you have travel plans to india via europe it is recommended to check that country's consulate web site in usa to get up to the date rules around transit visas!