Interview Done... Questions???

sawaal13

Registered Users (C)
I need some help. My wife has been granted asylum in the United States and she filed her 485 status in 2003.
In April 2006, I became a citizen and we filed for her AOS 485 through spouse marriage in June 2006. The other asylee 485 status kept going and we used her travel document on the asylee case to make two trips one to Aruba(june 2006) and one to Canada for 3 days (Oct 2006) after filing her AOS through marriage in June 2006. Here asylee 485 was still active. Our interview took place a few days ago and the officer got all the info and then said that she would review the case and make a decision within 120 days. Is this normal practice. I am worried that the travel we made after filing 485 AOS through marriage on the travel document provided by the asylee case is going to deny us. What are our options? DO we have to refile once we get a denial? Are there chances that this can get approved? Please advise. also my wife is from India and her birth certificate did not have a name. What could be the potential issues. Please advise. :(

DO Washington DC

Did she use a RTD or AP to travel? For the family based AOS, it is considered abondoned if you do not use AP to travel (unless you are H-1b or L-1A/B). However she is an asylee and thus has to use a RTD to travel. Perhaps this is the point that stopped the interviwing officer from making a final adjudication. She may need her supervisor to sign off on it. I would advise you to wait the 120 days and then make an infopass appointment. Or if you took down the interviwing officer's details, write to her directly.
Good luck!!!

sawaal13 said:
I need some help. My wife has been granted asylum in the United States and she filed her 485 status in 2003.
In April 2006, I became a citizen and we filed for her AOS 485 through spouse marriage in June 2006. The other asylee 485 status kept going and we used her travel document on the asylee case to make two trips one to Aruba(june 2006) and one to Canada for 3 days (Oct 2006) after filing her AOS through marriage in June 2006. Here asylee 485 was still active. Our interview took place a few days ago and the officer got all the info and then said that she would review the case and make a decision within 120 days. Is this normal practice. I am worried that the travel we made after filing 485 AOS through marriage on the travel document provided by the asylee case is going to deny us. What are our options? DO we have to refile once we get a denial? Are there chances that this can get approved? Please advise. also my wife is from India and her birth certificate did not have a name. What could be the potential issues. Please advise. :(

DO Washington DC