Interview Done 4th June, Kansas City DO.. My Experience and a quick question

sudo

Registered Users (C)
Finally my Interview is done....

I had my interview today (June 4th) at 9:00 am. I reached the Kansas City DO at 8:30 and put my letter in, to get into the queue. Surprisingly i was called within 5 mins after i gave my interview appointment letter. I was in the IO office at 8:35 (25 mins before my scheduled appointment.. nice..). The IO was a caucasian lady. Very nice, very polite and extremely professional. I was asked to swear in before my interview began. After swearing in, she asked me to be seated and asked for my Green Card and Passports. I had 2 passports, one of which was expired and the other was current. She just glanced at the green card. Did some small talk with me about the weather (knowing that the weather was really bad last night) while she got the application documents out of the folder to begin her review. She went thru the whole application with me. Everything was pretty standard. She kept ticking the application as she asked me to verify the answers i had written in the application. Then she asked me to sign the application and write my full name. I asked her how i should sign the application, recursive full name or like i sign on my bank checks, and she said, like u sign on your bank checks (which kinda surprised me cause i have been reading in the forum that you should sign your full name in recursive). I asked her again and she confirmed that i should sign it like a bank check. So i did, then she got my 2 passport size photos out of the packet and asked me to sign them to, again like i sign my bank checks, so i did.

Next she said she is going to ask me the civic test. She said there are 10 questions, and i should get 6 right. As soon as i get 6 right, she said she would stop. Here are the questions she asked.
1. How many stars are there in the US flag
2. Who is the current President of the US
3. Which was the 50th state to be added to the Union
4. Who was Martin Luther King, Jr
5. Who becomes the President if both the President and the Vice President die.
6. What type of government does the US have.

Got all of them correct, then she asked me to read aloud a "I drive a blue car" and had be write "I goto work everyday". After that she said you have passed the civic and English test and said she is going to recommend me for approval and gave me the approval letter. Told me that i should expect to get my Oath letter within 2 to 3 months. I asked her if my oath will be in Missouri or Kansas, since i live on the Kansas side of the state-line, and she told me it will be in Kansas. They usually have it on Fridays, but they have one this Monday, and there are more then 1000 folks scheduled. So she said it might take a little while to get the letter (around 2 to 3 months).

I thanked her and walked out. When i was out of the office i checked my watch and the time was 8:50 am. So i finished the whole thing in 15 mins (and 10 mins before my scheduled interview time)

Question: The IO took my interview letter and did not give it back. Not that i asked for it or anything, when i was back home i was going over all my documents and realized that she did not give me the interview letter back. I got my FP letter back after i had given by FP back in March. So i was wondering if this is correct. Are we suppose to get our Interview Letter back??

Thank you everybody for contributing to this awesome forum...
Finger Printing Date - 3/14/2008
Interview Notice Received - 4/25/2008
Interview Appointment - 6/4/2008

I handed in my letter at a window when I got to the waiting room and never got it back either. I think it's okay.

alii121 : Please accept my ignorance, but i did not understand your " + 1" post. Could you please clarify..
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sudo,

I'm pretty sure everyone has been asked to sign the N-400 form and the photos in FULL NAME cursive writing. Not sure, why she asked you to sign like bankcheck...I think some IOs may not be aware of procedures to the fullest extent.

I think its ok, and hope the "signature" issue does not cause any problem. Good luck and get ur oath soon.

Probably no big deal, you can go back to recursive work now :)

int WAIT_FOR_OATH (int number_of_days_to_oath) {
if (number_of_days_to_oath <= 1) return 1;
return number_of_days_to_oath * WAIT_FOR_OATH(number_of_days_to_oath-1);
}

CrossHairs,
LOL Thank you very much for the code, you are now talking my language.. it is a lot clearer now, the wait for the oath is a long long long wait.. lol..

I hope the signature part does not come back and bite me.. I was worried about that, kinda strange that she asked me to sign it like a bank check.. Well there is not much i can do about it other then wait and see what happens.. guess if i dont get my Oath letter in the next 2 to 3 months, it might be a sign that the signature might be issue..

Thanks..

My IO advised me the same for the signature. She said "not full name, like you normally do". So that was it. As you can note, my DO is Philadelphia.

After you receive your passport, I don't think there'll ever be a need to show anybody your naturalization certificate.

CrossHairs,
I hope the signature part does not come back and bite me.. I was worried about that, kinda strange that she asked me to sign it like a bank check.. Well there is not much i can do about it other then wait and see what happens.. guess if i dont get my Oath letter in the next 2 to 3 months, it might be a sign that the signature might be issue..

Thanks..

It shouldn't be a problem Sudo. Just be sure you sign your naturalization certificate in the same signature as you used to sign your pictures as they have match. Your certificate will have the signed picture attached to it, so the signatures should match. Just ask the folks at the ceremony when you get to that point.

Thanks Lolali.. That is very useful advice, i will keep the signatures consistant, even if it might not be correct.. at least i will have the same signature everywhere..
Thanks once again..