Interview Documents

ramkrishna2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
I have an interview coming up next week and I would like to know all the documents that I am supposed to take with me for the interview. I can think of the following documents and I would be obliged if anyone could think of anything that I may have missed :
All Correspondence from the INS
The green card and its photocopy
Passport and its photocopy
Marriage Certificate
Drivers Record (Traffic tickets are the only brush I have had with the law)
Tax returns

That is pretty much all that I can think of. If anyone who has been to the interview had to provide some other documents I would appreciate it if he/she could make a mention of it.

Also my timeline is :
Priority Date : Feb 12 2002
FP Date : Apr 27 2002
Interview Date : Jan 30 2003

Thanks in advance

you missed Driver's License. That is all.
BTW, could you please where to get Driver's Record? Thanks.

Selective Service letter

If your age was below 26 yrs when attaining PR status then you need this SS registration letter.
Regards

Citizenship interview experience in Newark

Hi,
Just wanted to let everyone on the site know the following, I had my citizenship interview in Newark.

Interview: Interview at 8.00am, met the officer at 8.30 out at 8.40am. The officer basically went through a checklist of asking me some questions from my form (name, address,marital status, job etc.). He asked 8 questions from the standard 100 and it was all done.

Documents: One does not need to take only documents asked in the letter (ie. Green Card, Passport and Drivers license to get into the room). All this stuff of getting tax forms, DMV info. is not necessary) as mentioned by people on this board. The officers are so busy with cases that they really do not have time to ask one for documents we unnecessarily carry.

Oath ceremony: This was at 12.30pm, but from Feb'03 Newark will have Oath ceremony once a day, so if you have interview at 8.00 one has to wait till the evening.

Finally, I am currently unemployed and it does not matter. Although he did ask me where i worked, he just wrote Unemlpoyed in my file and it was all done.

It took me 10 months from March'02 to Jan'03 in Newark. Good luck to all of you
Drew

drew_newjersey

Congrats!!

I have a question for you.

Did they ask you how long you stayed out of US during the last 5 years and when was your last trip.

I will appreciate if you could answer this too.

Thanks.

drew_newjersey,
I have another question for you.

Do you have any clue if one has the interview scheduled for around 10: 30 will that person get the chance for oath the same day as interview.

My initial interview was early in the morning but they cancelled that and now the new one is at 10: 30 in the morning.

Thanks.

Newark

Hi,

The officer only asked me if I had been outside the US for more than 6 months to verify my form. In addition, they did not ask this to my wife also and she had been outside the country during the last 6 months for a period of 2 months.

Basically, they only ask you questions that verify whatever you have written in the form.

As I posted ealier, you will have one oath ceremony from February in Newark, which I presume is going to be in the evening between 4pm-5pm.

One last thing I noticed was there usually forms a line of 40-50 people (there were 10 people ahead of me at 7.30am when I reached there and u have to stand out in the cold) to get into the building on the INS interview line because the security guards let in people in batches of 10 so give yourself ample time to get in. There is parking right there on Walnut street across from Broad street for $8 per day, you can get parking at $5/day if you are willing to park a few blocks away.

Good luck for the interview
drew

drew_newjersey

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply.

Actually, I was out of US for 11 months, which I have mentioned on my form as well.

I am worried if they will disqualify me.

Do they give you ample time to respond?

ikazmi, the 11 months are the total absence or the only one time during the 5 years residence.

ikazmi, the 11 months are the total absence or the only one time record during the 5 years residence.

joy02

One time during the last 5 year.

I came here in may 97 (family sponsorship). That time I was doing my Masters in India. When I came here I had completed only 1 year of my college. I went to few schools and noone was agreeing ti transfer my credits. I went back to India in July end.

I came here in June 98 after completign my Masters.
I started working right after coming here and since then I have gone to india only for a max of 3 weeks every year for vacation.

I had my family living here when I went back. I took the reentry permit assuming that my course may get delayed and I might have to stay there for more than a year.

But that did not happen so I came back.

I met few lawyesrs and they told me that out of 60 months I have to stay continously in US for 30 months before applying.

Therefore, I applied last mayi.e. 4 years and 11 months after receving the GC...........

Please advise..Please tell me if I am in trouble???????

for "ikazmi"

hi: ikazmi

please visit below link.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/services/natz/English.pdf

on page no 23 (end box) has an example which very close to your situation. So, based on that I interpreted that you are eligible for apply after 4years& 1days after your re-entered in US.

(please note that I may reading wrong, so don't take my words)

But, I hope that you will not have a problem-Good luck

idesi

I would not qualify for 4 year and 1 day rule because I was not out for more than a year.

That is true for people staying out for more than a year. I was out for 11 months and also I did not wait for 4 years and 1 day after coming back.

I counted my 4 years and 10 months to apply from the date I got the GC ignoring the time I was out.