Interview documentation help

VandiRussell

Registered Users (C)
I filed all the paperwork for DH myself, however my laptop crashed in December and I had to do a full system recovery and was not able to back up the hard drive (it would freeze and not load properly). Now our interview is in a month and I no longer have a backup of the I130, I1485, I131, I765 or the I864. I'm going to redo them today but will there be an issue with me not having photocopies of the paperwork? TIA for your help

Your posting reminded me that I have our documents saved as PDF's on the computer. I should back them up or print them out to be on the safe side. Sorry, you lost your documents.

hello there!

I know it's good to be really prepared for Immigration interviews, but I wanna tell you not to worry about it too much. I too didn't have copies of the forms I sent in during my AOS (thru marriage to my husband). For some reason it didnt occur to me to make copies, and by the time I'd found this site and learned about the wisdom of having copies, it was too late!

Our interview lasted 10 mins and the interviewer never asked for copies of the applications. He actually had a file of all our forms on the desk infront of us, as we were questioned.

See this thread for my situation going into the interview: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...Tuesday-Nervous-as-winter-is-cold#post2133832

See this thread for my interview experience: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ew-I-had-nothing-to-worry-about!-)&highlight=

Good luck!

Since the IO would already have your forms, you may not have to worry about them... can't see a reason of why they would ask you for a form that they already have at hand. You may want to direct your energy more towards preparing the documents and photos that would help prove your relationship. Best of luck with your preparation.

You didnt lose your documents. You can take your hardrive out of your laptop and connect it externally (with the proper hardware) to another computer.