Interview DEscheduled !

JustCounting

Registered Users (C)
I'm seriously about to blow a gasket. Nine freaking months and now we get this after both of us have requested/been granted time off from our full time jobs, after airline tickets have been bought and paid for, motel room has been booked, etc. - AND, I have arranged to take a NEW JOB the beginning of March because I knew all this crap was finally going to be OVER.
The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Interview descheduled by USCIS.

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

We have had NO updates, no RFEs, NOTHING except an interview letter which finally arrived and now - two weeks prior - it is being cancelled. Oh, yeah, and we are PAST the posted Processing Time. Anyone have any ideas, because I'm so totally over having my life controlled by the freakin USCIS I'm just about to tell my husband to forget about the stinking green card. What is MOST frustrating is to sit and watch people who have filed 6 months AFTER we did sail right through the process. This just isn't right ! Memphis is not just down the street from me - it is a 7-8 hour drive or pay to fly. My new job is out of town and I will not be able to be at the beck & call of USCIS for whenever the hell they decide to RESCHEDULE.

A Disgusted US Citizen

May 28, 2006: I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
Day 1: May 29 RD
Day 9: 6/6 ND
Day 11: 6/8 NOAs on I-130, I-485, I-765
Day 18: 6/15 Appt letter Biometrics
Day 19: 6/19 LUD I-130
Day 31: 6/28 Biometrics in Nashville
Day 32: 6/29 LUD I-485, I-765
Day 78 Aug 14: Case Status Inquiry filed/LUD I-765
Day 82: 8/18 EAD approved via email
Day 83: 8/19 EAD card arrives
Day 85: 8/21 LUD on I-765
Day 88: 8/24 Applied for SS#
Day 95: 8/31 SS card arrives
Day 174 : Nov 18 – Interview letter arrives for Feb 14 interview
Jan 31, 2007: Email arrives DEscheduling interview
Day 261 Feb 14 – Interview in Memphis???

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again on this forum (cause this seems to happen a lot) :eek: , a lot of people ignore the descheduling letter and go anyway if it not an inconvience of travel and they have been fortunate to get the interview, but it is up to sorry.

Sorry for your delay. They do however usually reschedule the interview quickly in most cases.

Try not to be too upset. Just continue your life as it is and don't let this dominate your well-being. God Bless.

NeShawn said:
Once again on this forum (cause this seems to happen a lot) :eek: , a lot of people ignore the descheduling letter and go anyway .

Thanks NeShawn - did a search and found the "descheduling thread". If I don't get a paper notice, I'll ignore the email as well and just go since all travel arrangements have been made. If nothing else, will maybe find out what is going on.

If this helps, our interview took place yesterday in wash dc DO but I never saw the descheduled interview update on the web site. THey took our interview as planned.

Hi,
I too checked my case status today online and this whole message about the reschdule that you got shows. And in my case i didn't even get a interveiw schedule letter yet...man, i am freaking out. I need to go personally and see whats up. ....anyone has a case like mine?

Here's my theory: Some cretin hit the wrong button on a batch of files. Too many people just on this forum have gotten the same internet message yet gone on to have successful interviews. As usual, right hand doesn't know what the left is doing at Immigration. I'm going to do like the others have done and just go. If nothing else, I'll go visit Elvis' house...

If you don't even have an interview scheduled, my advice would be just wait.. if it's not in the mail, to me, it doesn't exist :D What I have in my hand is a Notice to Appear, which I will...

thanks all..