Interview Descheduled

I just received a letter from the INS office advising me that due to unforseen circumstances my interview scheduled for next week has been cancelled. They have not provided me a new date or time.

What should I conclude from this?

Thanks in advance.

make sure that you donot have another letter ....

make sure that you donot have another letter attached to it. The same happened to me as well. One letter said that due to unforseen circumstances my interview is descheduled and it had another letter that said what was the new date. which was today and unfortunately since I did not want to take the full oath, they had a problem and they told me that i would receive a letter regarding that in a month.

APPROVE2000 said:
I just received a letter from the INS office advising me that due to unforseen circumstances my interview scheduled for next week has been cancelled. They have not provided me a new date or time.

Thanks in advance.

Your namecheck is probably still pending. USCIS is responding to the number of lawsuits as a result of pending namechecks and is probably not interviewing applicants till their namechecks have been cleared by the FBI. This way they avoid 8 USC 1447b lawsuits.

APPROVE2000 said:

Thanks in advance.

If it's not too much trouble, the DO is not to far from you and you're willing to do this, I'll say, just go to the interview like you never received the cancellation note and see what happens. (Unless the cancellation letter was Cerified Mail, and you signed for it) Others did the same thing and were intreviewed. ;)

APPROVE2000 said:
This is for Hartford, CT. Also, Only I received the deschedule notice and not my wife.
Approve,
I would do like Vulpasin said, and what Publicus did, just go ahead and go to the interview, and even if they tell you there that your interview has been discheduled, try to get it done anyway and tell them that you need to get it out of the way, I would say, if you have plans to move, or go overseas, you can inform them of that, and they could probably do it!

Good luck and keep us updated!

Sony

wanted to know if approve went for the interview

hi
i was wondering if approve went to give the interview on the scheduled date (which was descheduled) and what was the result? did they let him interview?
thanx in advance

My interview was deschduled and I went to my DO on the same day my interview supposed to take place using infopass , I was told that My file is still in the Service Center , that is why they descheduled it, the positive issue is that the IIO checked my file and told me that all checks are done, nothing pending.

I guess it has to do with the work load of the DO , Sick Leave , Vacation E.T.C, "unforeseen circumstances" is some how logistic in nature than to any problem to persons file, that is what one IIO told me.

Check these links also :

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=175599
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=208335
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=208971

I have sent a letter to the Service Center requesting my file to be sent to the DO , I am still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
did u get the reply from service center yet?
i am still waiting for my rescheduling notice
am thinking of writing to service center to find out what happened to my file, and if the background checks are done
do u know how long the background checks take?

tryingtomakeit said:
did u get the reply from service center yet?
i am still waiting for my rescheduling notice
am thinking of writing to service center to find out what happened to my file, and if the background checks are done
do u know how long the background checks take?

I have not received any reply yet, infopass is not a bad idea, at least for a peace of mind to know what is happening with your file.

As for how long it takes for background checks, it's any ones guess. Navigate this forum you will find a lot of information.

Not to worry

The exact same thing happened to me. I got a similar letter. A few days later (maybe a week or so later) I got another notice for a later interview date. Mine was at Boston USCIS. I would suggest not to do anything, wait for a couple of weeks, and if you don't get anything, then try Infopass.