Interview Descheduled-PLEASE HELP!

pvkby

Registered Users (C)
My interview was scheduled for Dec 5 and a couple of days ago, I got an e-mail update on my case informing me that my interview was cancelled (no hardcopy notice in the mail yet). Today the message has changed to the following:

"The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"

has anyone dealt with anything like that?
and what does it mean?
what do you think I should do if I do not receive a paper notice?

Thanks so much

Hello there pvkby. Are you in a status where maybe you don't have to have an interview. What was your type of visa?

NeShawn said:
Hello there pvkby. Are you in a status where maybe you don't have to have an interview. What was your type of visa?

no, not really. as you can see from my signature. I came in R1 and changed to F1...it looks more and more like they lost something, which makes me really mad.., so I just hope I get a notice in the mail...

Hi pvkby,

I'm in a similar situation. Received an email a couple weeks ago that my interview has been cancelled. No paper notice so far.
Ironically my interview was scheduled for Dec. 5th as well (different DO though).
I really don't know what to do. I'm planning on going as scheduled if I don't receive a paper notice. I don't want to end up in a situation where USCIS sends me a letter stating I didn't show up for my interview and I have no way to prove otherwise!
I'm so frustrated, my case has been pending for 8 months now and cancelling the interview is just going to add more wait to it.
Life sucks :(

Venus21 said:
Hi pvkby,

I'm in a similar situation. Received an email a couple weeks ago that my interview has been cancelled. No paper notice so far.
Ironically my interview was scheduled for Dec. 5th as well (different DO though).
I really don't know what to do. I'm planning on going as scheduled if I don't receive a paper notice. I don't want to end up in a situation where USCIS sends me a letter stating I didn't show up for my interview and I have no way to prove otherwise!
I'm so frustrated, my case has been pending for 8 months now and cancelling the interview is just going to add more wait to it.
I think going to the interview despite this cancellation notice is a very good idea. Better safe than sorry.

Man, this really sucks! I hope you'll sort it out, Pvkby and Venus21. Best of luck to you! :)

I am in the same boat also. Got the same message on Nov.11 as pvkby's but I never received such notice of scheduled interview. So pvkby, how did you find out your interview was scheduled on Dec 5th? Did they send you a notice?

Timeline:
F-1 on Opt married to USC
DO St. Louis, MO
6/23/06 I-130, 485, and 765 Mailed Date 001
6/25/06 RD Date 003
6/28/06 ND Date 007
7/25/06 FP taken Date 033
10/11/06 EAD approval Date 111

Be a NUT

Venus21 said:
Hi pvkby,

Venus,

I'd advise you to be a nut and show up at the interview as if you never received an email from USCIS. Who knows? Maybe the interviewing officer can let you in on what is happening, and also, you will get a stamp from their office that you were there. Later on, if USCIS say that you never showed up for the interview, then you produce your documents and kick them in the teeth. Also, if the officer tells you that this interview has been cancelled, tell him that you did not get a LETTER IN THE MAIL from the, so you don't trust their email. :rolleyes:

So, go and see what they say... ;)

good luck

riversrun said:
I am in the same boat also. Got the same message on Nov.11 as pvkby's but I never received such notice of scheduled interview. So pvkby, how did you find out your interview was scheduled on Dec 5th? Did they send you a notice?

I have the same question. I never recieved notice for interview and today when i checked my status online i got the same msg "Current Status: Interview descheduled by USCIS.The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you"
I am at the Missouri office, although they do not have proccesing dates for I 485

6/20/06 Received date
6/23/06 Notice date
7/12/06 biometrics notice
7/26/06 biometrics done
9/3/06 EAD Recieved

Last edited by a moderator:
I gather we are all at MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location and we all have notice dates for I485 around the last week of June, did they loose the cases for that period of time and just don't know what to say yet?

mvol said:
I gather we are all at MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location and we all have notice dates for I485 around the last week of June, did they loose the cases for that period of time and just don't know what to say yet?

I don't think so, because my case was filed in March, so way before yours.
What I think happened is they scheduled our interviews but didn't transfer the paperwork to the local offices on time so they had to cancel.
Just my guess...

P.S. Thanks for the support guys.
I'm planning on going to the interview and pretend I haven't received anything. And if they say they e-mailed me I can always say I don't have internet access ;)

Venus21 said:
P.S. Thanks for the support guys.
I'm planning on going to the interview and pretend I haven't received anything. And if they say they e-mailed me I can always say I don't have internet access ;)

I got the same email about my interview and I went to mine 10/27 anyways and guess what I had my interview and they didnt bring up anything about it being cancelled..I'd go to the interview and see what happens

I went to an infopass appointment to ask about it since I received the same message over a month ago. The officer was kind enough to check with the people that handle the interviews in the DO and told me that, in fact, my interview had been canceled. I must mention this would be my SECOND interview but it might be because I moved from a DO to another one (Idaho to San Antonio). She mentioned that sometimes they prefer to interview an applicant when the security clearance is back so they can extend you the green card. I must also say, just showing up is not bad idea, my work schedule won't let me do it but you guys should try it. Keep us all posted!!

Al Southner said:
Venus,

I'd advise you to be a nut and show up at the interview as if you never received an email from USCIS. Who knows? Maybe the interviewing officer can let you in on what is happening, and also, you will get a stamp from their office that you were there. Later on, if USCIS say that you never showed up for the interview, then you produce your documents and kick them in the teeth. Also, if the officer tells you that this interview has been cancelled, tell him that you did not get a LETTER IN THE MAIL from the, so you don't trust their email. :rolleyes:

So, go and see what they say... ;)

good luck

I agree with this. Some of these "cancelled" interviews have turned out to be mistaken notices. Show up as if you did not receive anything ---- if it is really cancelled, they will be sure to tell you.

pianoplayer said:
I agree with this. Some of these "cancelled" interviews have turned out to be mistaken notices. Show up as if you did not receive anything ---- if it is really cancelled, they will be sure to tell you.

How do you know? Did you happen to be one of those unlucky ones that recveived the message? Or do you know someone who did and went to the interview anyways?

I got the same email. I transfered job from one state to another. I had interview last year but my name check was pending. Now I got the email, so I went to DO, they told me since I transfered I need to be interviewed again, it's cancelled because they need my name check to be cleared. I'm going to sue USCIS soon. But I'm still waiting for FOPIA. I've been waitting for FOPIA for 3 weeks. Is there any specific thing needed for them to send me the FOPIA? Thanks!

pvkby said:
My interview was scheduled for Dec 5 and a couple of days ago, I got an e-mail update on my case informing me that my interview was cancelled (no hardcopy notice in the mail yet). Today the message has changed to the following:

"The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register"

has anyone dealt with anything like that?
and what does it mean?
what do you think I should do if I do not receive a paper notice?

Thanks so much

Venus21 said:
How do you know? Did you happen to be one of those unlucky ones that recveived the message? Or do you know someone who did and went to the interview anyways?

I got another LUD on my I-485 and I -130. It is somewhat worded differently...really have no idea what to do...

here is the new message on I-485
"The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

and on I-130
"On June 26, 2006, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

pvkby,

my last update was exactly the same as yours.
I have no idea why it says that the case is at missouri service center as it should be in my DO.
But I am planning on going to the interview anyways.

I just read a report from the Ombudsman office and it mentions problems with the on-line status. Many times they are not updated or are incorrect. As a matter of fact there was a description of a case in the report where a couple has received a "interview descheduled" message and a few weeks after the scheduled interview (which they did not attend) they received a denial letter from USCIS due to not attending the scheduled interview.
That whole institution is just a big mess!

OK folks, here's my update:

I went to my interview yesterday as initially scheduled.
And I got approved!

The whole interview lasted maybe 10 minutes and it was very relaxed.
The officer was very friendly and only asked us a few questions like how did we first meet and where we work etc. We actually forgot to take my husband's pay stubs (I have no idea how that happened as I double checked we had everything before we left) but she said not to worry about that because we had a co-sponsor anyways so it wasn't that important.
After asking me all the usual questions pertaining to crime etc. she went on to stamp my passport. She explained how to take the condition of my green card and that was it. Really a very good experience. She didn't look at half the papers we brought, just asked for copy of our lease agreement and some bank statements.

So for those of you who received an e-mail message that your interview has been cancelled: DO NOT LOOK AT THAT AT ALL!
The online case status messages are often incorrect or outdated.
If you don't receive anything in the mail just go to your interview.

Good luck to everyone, I hope it works out well for you.