Interview Dates for NOVA residents

name check

I was also told in middle of august that no decision can be made since name check pending. Seems more than 1% people are stuck in name check, since during my interview I saw atleast 3 more people being put under the name check. So the statistic about only 1% people being stuck in name check is not true.
Well now starts the hope and the wait ...

rbarrage said:
My priority date was in mid-February. I had my interview on August 10. I passed the interview, but "security checks" are still pending.

As for InfoPass, you have to keep trying. I had tried at least 10-15 times over a three-day period before I was able to get an appointment.

Processing dates regresses as per USCIS website....

DC Do was Feb' 2006 and has gone back to Dec' 2005 now. That's interesting as some of the folks here have dates for March' 2006 and have recd. intereview letters recently. ONLINE STATUS at USCIS is a JOKE!!!! Hopefully they will FIX it immediately.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Updates?

Are there any more updates for NOVA residents???

Haven't anything for a while.

It's been another month and still no appointment for my husband. We're coming up on 6 months since applying now... It's depressing. I was reading the other day that the USCIS has decided to enable several more types of Visas to received expedited service (for a large fee). I would imagine that means manpower diverted to the higher paying customers. Too bad N-400s aren't eligible. We would have paid it...

N-400 @ VSC
PD: 09/16/06
Check cashed: 09/18/06
ND: 10/1/06
FP notice: 10/03/06
FP: 10/10/06
Called FBI to check on Finger print .Sent back same day
Interview ????
Oath ????

muserella said:
Update. My husband finally got his letter. His interview date is December 5th.
muserella, can you provide your husband's information on the DC-Arlington thread?

hh137 has done a great job in organizing, slicing and dicing the information and your input would help.

Finally.....

Finally I have recd. my interview letter after 7 months. I am not as happy as other SC people might be but at least I heard back from them without any infopass etc. Those close to PD of April End 2006 will soon be getting their letters tooooo, just be patient.

Those from Fairfax DO can you please let me know about parking arrangements there? and if they perform OATH the same day? I appreciate any answers.

Thanks
2bc

2bc said:
Finally I have recd. my interview letter after 7 months. I am not as happy as other SC people might be but at least I heard back from them without any infopass etc. Those close to PD of April End 2006 will soon be getting their letters tooooo, just be patient.

Those from Fairfax DO can you please let me know about parking arrangements there? and if they perform OATH the same day? I appreciate any answers.
Congratulations, 2bc!

Could you please post your timeline (with interview date) also in the thread shown in my signature below so that people there also learn of your timeline. Thanks.

Parking at the Fairfax DO is very simple. There is a public underground parking garage in the building right next to the DO ($4 all day). There is also a big Metro commuter parking lot across the street, but I don't know the arrangements there. As to same-day oaths, as far as I know, they regularly do that for VA residents if your interview is in the morning. If your interview is in the afternoon, you will have to come back a day or two later. DC residents must take their oath in DC and from what I understand, scheduling for this may take a month or two.

Thanks

Thanks for the information about parking etc.

My timelines are in the first message that I posted while starting the thread but here it is for everyone's reference....

PD 4/27
FP 6/2
ID 1/24
OD?????

2bc said:
Thanks for the information about parking etc.

My timelines are in the first message that I posted while starting the thread but here it is for everyone's reference....

PD 4/27
FP 6/2
ID 1/24
OD?????
Congrt! Almost 7 month waiting is because of your DO or NC process? But anyway it give us a hope!!!

Well, today was my husband's interview and I am glad to report that it was a great day and he is now a giddy American citizen.

His appointment was scheduled for 9:40am. We got there about 20 minutes early and didn't know where to park, so we found some street parking a couple of blocks away. There isn't much to go around. When we got to the building we went through the x-ray machines and then proceeded to the second floor. There were many officers doing interviews and things seemed to move along. His interview took place around 10:05 am. We were very prepared, had all of his information organized and copied, etc. He was approved and given a sheet of paper with information relevant to coming back for the oath ceremony.

When we returned around 2:15, we parked in the adjacent commuter lot ($4). It was worth it for the proximity and convenience. There were many folks there for the oath ceremony. Photos are allowed and many folks had family members snap pictures of their loved ones getting their certificates. Sadly, many folks brought babies and young children - it was a full, hot, room and the kids were understandably cranky during the course of the proceedings. They were a real distraction from the proceedings. All in all, I think the whole thing took about 45 minutes to an hour.

LKBECTZ said:
Congrt! Almost 7 month waiting is because of your DO or NC process? But anyway it give us a hope!!!

I would say DO, it has nothing to do with anything else...and remember even if your name check is cleared ahead of other people in the same DO, you are always in line....So you won;t get your IL unless they start processing that month/date/year.

Initial Interview

Might be a stupid question but on the interview letter it says:

Subject: Initial interview for your N400 application?

What does that initial interview mean, is there another interview later or is this a standard BS?

2bc said:
Might be a stupid question but on the interview letter it says:

Subject: Initial interview for your N400 application?

What does that initial interview mean, is there another interview later or is this a standard BS?
Seems to be the standard BS CMA formulation.