interview date postponed by boston INS

RM2002

Registered Users (C)
interview date postponed by boston INS. Has anyone faced this situation before? Is there any use asking them to accommodate me at the previously set date?

i never came across anyone else whose interview got postponed. there is a possibilitythat your name check might still be pending. i have seen postings where some people got interviewed but didnt get their cases approved as security check was still incomplete. but that's just my theory. of course all of us know that INS is consistently inconsistent.
also there is no harm in asking them but most likely they won't interview on your previous date coz there must be some reason as to why they rescheduled your interview.

My Interview was postponed from January to April 2003. INS wrote in their letter "due to the conflict in our schedule your interview was rescheduled..."

BTW I did not get the GC approval by now, though it is already more than I year after the interview :(

YLB2

Yes, My case got postponed by two weeks, It was set for Feb-9th-2005 and
then to Feb-24th-2005. The explanation I got was because of the time conflict with other people they postponed my interview.

I had an interview today with the Boston IIO officer, he said he approved the case but could not get a Visa number because of the priority date.
My priority date is 03-June-2002 and the current dates are 01-March-2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Boston Chaos

Seems like Boston is in total chaos. They are the only office that doesn't stamp the passport the same day as the approval. They do not complete their homework (name check etc.) before scheduling interview. Moreover, VSC has compounded the issue by transferring almost 50% of its cases to local offices overloading the small number of staff in these offices. VSC has done the largest number of transfers compared to all other service centers. the DUMPERS!