Interview completed an hour back at Mt laurel,NJ

Madman72

Registered Users (C)
Hallo everyone,

I am so happy to announce that I just passed my interview an hour back. Yes I DID IT!

Here are some of my application details:

PD:02/26/2008
FP:03/14/2008
IL Notice recvd: 05/01/2008
Interview Date: 05/08/2008
Oath Scheduled:05/08/2008 03:00 PM

(Yes I am one among the lucky ones to get IL in 2 months)

I had my interview appoinment at 08:15 AM in Mount Laurel,NJ. I reached there by 7:50AM but they didnt open the office till 8AM. Got through the security and submitted my interview letter.I was called at 8:20.I would say there are around more than half a dozen IO's in that office.

The officer seems to be very polite.He took me to his office.He asked me for the driver's license, Passport and Green Card. He also asked me if I need to change my name for which I said NO.

I was surprised with the next question, before even going through my application.He asked me why I amended the Birth certificate during the I-485 process for Permanent Resident. I told him my lawyer never submitted the BC originally while submitting I-485 application, so I have to amend the BC along with affidavit. (even though I dont need a affidavit, I still submitted to be on safe side). I told him that i have a copy of BC if he needs it.He was glad to hear that and told me that he would like to take a copy of it and keep it in my file. (thanks to the forum which recommended to take BC)

He then went through the application line by line.He verified the last trip I went to India.(tax overdue, marraige, children etc)

When he came to "any citation" question, I told him that I got a speeding ticket few months back and have a copy of the recipt from the county.He took that to make a copy of it.At this time,I also mentioned that I was sued in a small claim civil court and it has been settled through mediation.I gave him the copy of the court recipt and the proof of payment.He told me he was just curious to see what it is and he mentioned he used to work on the same county court coupla years back. He also mentioned none of this affects the application for citizenship.He just noted down ONLY the traffic tickets and gave me back the civil court papers back.

At this time , he asked me to read a simple sentence "I drive a Blue car to the Work" and asked me to write "I know how to speak English".

He then said he wants to go thru the civi question.He asked me 10 questions and I got them all right.

He said I did everything good and I have passed the interview.He also said hes going to schedule for the Oath ceremony on same day at 03:00 PM.

I was waiting for him to asked me to sign on back of the picture. At that time, he mentioned the picture that I have submitted is too small in dimension and does not foolow the UCSIS standard. I realized it because I submitted the same pictures that I used to renew my Passport application.

He asked me to take new pictures before the Oath ceremony and bring it with me.

Thats it, the whole interview was done in 15 mins.

So am back home (its just 30 mins drive from my house) and relaxing myself in a recliner. Wish I could open my Six pack beer but rather I would hold it after the ceremony.

I have to find "Picture People" to get some nice photos.

Thanks to everyone in this forum and wish them Good Luck.

I read someone has interview in the same DO office 2mmorrow. Hope this will help them.

Thanks Madman72..
Its me and my wife who will be going to the MT Laurel DO tomo 9AM for the interview...Our time line is exactly the same as yours.

I have pretty much all docs (got per tax transcripts this morning too!!) and hope to have a easy day. My wife gave birth two weeks back and its important to be stress free atleast for her.

Couple things though...

1) I have not really gave thought on traffic tks...I have 2 speeding tks in last 5 years and lost reciept for atleast one tkt..have to search the other one.
Both were under <500 fines for sure.
Do you think he will ask reciepts for record if I say I have couple ?

2) My wife did her best to prepare for the civic q's...just in case since she is still recovering from the labor....How's the interview thing. Easy ?

3) we sent the 2 photos during the appl...nothing mentioned in the interview letter to bring addl photos...It shld be fine to not take addl pix.right ?

Once again congratulations and thx in adv.

BTW..I live in chesterfield, nj.

NBK.
MD - 02/29/2008
PD - 03/04/2008
FD - 03/25/2008
IL - 05/01/2008
I - 05/09/2008

Thanks

1) I have not really gave thought on traffic tks...I have 2 speeding tks in last 5 years and lost reciept for atleast one tkt..have to search the other one.
Both were under <500 fines for sure.
Do you think he will ask reciepts for record if I say I have couple ?

=> I dont think so. The officer never asked me the recipt.I just volunteered myself saying that I have a copy of the recipt. He might just ask you when the incident happened and note it down in the application.

2) My wife did her best to prepare for the civic q's...just in case since she is still recovering from the labor....How's the interview thing. Easy ?

=> Questions are pretty straight forward and they just read them just as they appear in the M-623 file.You may want to answer 6/10 correctly.

3) we sent the 2 photos during the appl...nothing mentioned in the interview letter to bring addl photos...It shld be fine to not take addl pix.right ?

=> dont worry. Even if the pictures are not in format, they will ask you to take a fresh ones before the Oath ceremony.

I hope Ii answered all your questions.Dont get nervous, just relax.Oce you finish the interview, you will realize it is just a piece of cake. Good Luck!!!

question related to interview civics?

Each of the 100 questions in the book provided for us during the finger print process has answer in BOLD and explation in 2-4 sentences below that.

When IO asks the question, is it enough to answer the BOLD part statement?

Also with regard to traffic ticket, I don't have traffic ticket receipt or any other information about that. Is it Ok?

Thanks

Congrats op, it is always nice to see shuch short processing times!

Volunteering info about tickets/lawsuits is really not necessary. If the IO asks then answer truthfully, you are under oath after all.

Oath ceremony completed

Thanks.

I just finished my Oath ceremony and have become US Citizen officially. The process doesnt take much time and got over less than an hour.

aabbcc11,
You are right. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. But I didnt understand exactly what needs to be reported as "citation". I thought its better to be honest as they are only minor cases. (and I had receipt for them,if not I wouldnt have mentioned them ) :))

javagal,
Maybe you are referring the new revised format of civic questions. I belive they are applicable only if you are taking interview after Oct 2008. I went through the following document that has 96 questions.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-623_reversed.pdf

Again, Thanks to everyone.

Thanks.

I just finished my Oath ceremony and have become US Citizen officially. The process doesnt take much time and got over less than an hour.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. But I didnt understand exactly what needs to be reported as "citation". I thought its better to be honest as they are only minor cases. (and I had receipt for them,if not I wouldnt have mentioned them ) :))

Congrats Madman! Does becoming a US Citizen mean that you are no longer mad? I am assuming of course that dealing with USCIS caused your madness in the first place. :)

On another note, I think you did the right thing by being honest and up front. It is after all the right thing to do. Good people also make mistakes and in the end everything turns out well.

If you got it all rite, I don't think that he asked you 10 questions then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also in the same situation, neither do I have ticket nor the receipt. Dont know where to start. looking. :(
Someone suggested about going to court depending on local patrol vs State police giving the ticket. Unfortunately, I dont remember whether it was State Trooper or the local police that issued the ticket.

Also someone on the forum suggested to do a Google search I didnt have much luck with that too.

Please let me know how to proceed here.

javagal, I have similar question regarding traffic ticket. I have posted my question that is similar to your question in the thread: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=278789

South Jersey

Congrats! :)

What!!!?? 2 months? :eek: Wow! That's absolutely amazing!

Where in New Jersey is this? Maybe I'll move there and become neighbours with the Sopranos. :D

This is in South Jersey. I believe DO is moving fast because it is not getting much application. We only had 37 people during the Oath ceremony.