Interview coming...

cwtt said:
With that said, I agree with Ari4u that it's not unreasonable for the immigration officer to quiz us on information in the application forms.
Finally someone agrees :)
Before you go to the interview, please go through copies of the application you submitted. It is only fair on your part that YOU know what YOU and your spouse filled in the forms. :)

Both my Affidavit of Support and the Medical are less than 6 months old. Should I bring brand new ones to the interview or Bring the copies of old ones?
I am preparing a new affidavit of support, but I am not sure of the Medical. Any Ideas folks?

hogwart4 said:
Both my Affidavit of Support and the Medical are less than 6 months old. Should I bring brand new ones to the interview or Bring the copies of old ones?
I am preparing a new affidavit of support, but I am not sure of the Medical. Any Ideas folks?

You dont need a new medical. The one you submitted with the application is good. As for I-864, if your financial situation has changed signifiantly in the last 6 months, it is advisable to carry a new one with you incase the officer would like to have updated information.

We All Worry To Much

I Lost 27 poundsin 3 mths worring about my AOS meeting last Weds and drove my wife crazy do we have this ,do we have that and to tell you the truth they ask me maybe 5 questions and asked for little documentation, and that was all. Don't make yourself sick like I did .The anticipation plays mind games .you will be fine.

Ead Applied 09/30/05
FP 1/31/05
Ead Recieved 2/7/06
Aos Appt 3/26/06 and Approved
Waiting On GC

hogwart4 said:
What is the dress attire for the interview? We are planning on dressing normal work clothes....

You dont have to go all dressy. This is an excerpt from the InterviewFAQ

At any given interview, be it job or immigration, non verbal mode of communication says a lot about who you are. The examiner will surely factor your physical appearance into his perception of you.As you know, first impression lasts a long time. Please put on clothing that will make you look responsible.For example, If you appear before an examiner with your pant drawn down like most teenagers, it will surely affect the perception of the examiner. The examiner might doubt your marriage, because your appearance does not support the responsible role of a husband.Therefore, if you appear like a hooligan or a thug, you may not get the favorable result you desire and deserve. You would Have helped the examiner to conclude wrongly. Be moderate, neat and presentable.

ari4u said:
You dont need a new medical. The one you submitted with the application is good. As for I-864, if your financial situation has changed signifiantly in the last 6 months, it is advisable to carry a new one with you incase the officer would like to have updated information.
We have the similar case. Our interview is scheduled for next month. Threy have asked for medical, passport, and employment letter. We are not sure if we need to do the medical again or the old one is good. How long I-485 medical is valid? Any idea?

Mr.Forever485 said:
We have the similar case. Our interview is scheduled for next month. Threy have asked for medical, passport, and employment letter. We are not sure if we need to do the medical again or the old one is good. How long I-485 medical is valid? Any idea?

Interview letters ask you to get medical report unless you have already submitted with your application. If it specifically asks you to get one, then you should do so.
Generally, the medical you submit with your AOS appliation usually is valid for a year, and USCIS periodically issues memos to extend the validity of the medical till the AOS applicaiton is adjudicated, so you should be good to go

ari4u said:
Interview letters ask you to get medical report unless you have already submitted with your application. If it specifically asks you to get one, then you should do so.
Generally, the medical you submit with your AOS appliation usually is valid for a year, and USCIS periodically issues memos to extend the validity of the medical till the AOS applicaiton is adjudicated, so you should be good to go
Thanks for the response. This clarifies my concern.