Interview coming up....please help!!!

luckyluciano

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends from the forum, my interview is now on september, My lawyer called me and told me that his fee is $1500, I already paid the guy a lot, what you guys recommend, could I go to the interview on my own??? :cool:

Thank you very much for your help.

luckyluciano said:
Hello friends from the forum, my interview is now on september, My lawyer called me and told me that his fee is $1500, I already paid the guy a lot, what you guys recommend, could I go to the interview on my own??? :cool:

Thank you very much for your help.

Depends on the complexity of your case. As most of the interviews are for simple documents/status varifications, most of the people go without lawyer (and get approval). But if your case is complicated due one of the following reasons it is better to take him/her (however, not limited to these reasons):
1. Criminal history.
2. Out of status more than 180 days in past.
3. Salary is too low (compare to LC. for example 50% less).
4. Currently unemployed.
5. Visa overstay in past.
6. There was intend to deny (I-485) for this case.

Please GO alone !!! save 1500 for a good trip to your country !!!!
DO NOT FEED THIS CROWS !!!!!!!!!!!

Please post about your interview experience. It will be helpful in case any of us have to face the interview. Thanks in advance!

Fist if u feel comfortable ,share with us details and ur concerns about interview.

Second, negotiate with him not more than 500. and max $150-$200 per hour avg immg attorney. hope this is regular att not Michal jackson's or kobe's

having attorney with u will be fine...if u have some dought on ur case. else no need to have ur attorney many went just fine.

and if have fear/doughts on case.... think in this way u spend today will earn tomorrow. make sure if u are paying 1000+ then talk in make comment if interview went fine and I am approved than I will pay this $$$ else $$. ur attorney knows better u are approved. just getting advantages from ur fear.
be brave trust on 'GOD' and follow whatever ur heart says.

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankxxx guys

Thank Y'all for your toughts, and soon as the interview goes thru y'all be first to know, my case is a little different, i got here in 96 in a student visa for one 1 year, I didn't go back to my country, and was out-of-status till 2001, when I got an sponsor, so that was about 5 years in the shadows, now I'm so close to wrap this thing up, I don't wanna screw up...but I tell you, some of this lawyers are crooks, I would like to be a lawyer one day, so I could think not all the lawyers are crooks...but anyways, she told me that I've had paid my case and I was all set, but now she comes to me saying I have to pay $1500 for the interview, and didn't even explained why, just told me that after 9/11 all cases have to go thru interviews, I guess the reason why I'm pissed off, is because, she did not explained to me why I have to pay, she simply told me that her fee is $1500, and she doesn't care how I'll get the money, and didn't even tell if is mandatory that an attorney be with you. I know $1500 is not much, but I could definately use that on something else, and as far the interview goes, my sister had her interview last year, her case is pretty much the same, but instead of employment her case is thru marriage, she skip the lawyer and went herself and her husband, she told me that the person that conduct the interview crushed her because she was out-of-status for all that time, did a bunch of questioning, but in the end stamped her passaport,...I don't go thru that harrassment, maybe if a lawyer is with you, they go easier on you....I know that what I did is not 100% correct, but the only thing we are after is a better life with better conditions for our kids...so I think I'm paying the money for that crook!!! :mad:

Thank you for sharing.

First bieng as 'out of status' is not big deal. since u have aldready file 485 so ur status is 'Pending 485' not out of status.

and ur attorney has filled under 254(i) with $1000 penelty + std fees of INS. check ur receipt the amount to confirm.

Okay here is somthing u must und is, ur current situatin of pettition.
plz answer these question

1. Are u working or employee
2. LC + 140 stroy?????
3. same employer?
4. current job status is that matching with same title as in LC?
5. filled all taxes since u are here?
6. HAVE previous W2 , and current EVL (Employment verification letter)
7. are u from SR country? got registration?

if all fine. then I suggest not to spend money on ur attorney.
if not and feel comfortable plz do share with us. for better advise

and don't worry to be out of status... millions are out of status and file 245... got approved....

do you have all copies of all pettitions + receipts+ approvals????? if not ask ur attorney to give u always keep copies to u all pettitions+receipts+approvals.

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey P.o.J.

Hey PJ, I'm not to good with them abbreviations, I wish I was like most of U, that know the game like, FP, EAD and them dates, I'm sure I've paid the $ 1000 penalty, and I'm currently with the same employer that filled the petition, My Labor Certificate is all set and went thru, the Job title is the same, I'm all set with my taxes, I have all the w2 since I've been with this employer, from 2001 up to now, and I've already got the EVL(Employment Verification Letter), now the last question I didn't get it...if i'm from a SR Country...? ....

Thankxx PJ :D

My Friend I am just an ordinary person like u, learned here while trying to helping ppl my best. and everyone can learn just need to be familar with commom abv.

I applogize if it offend u, using shortforms like 140 .......

if u don't know then educate urself to be familar with and don't hesitate to ask ppl, its easy use lot of searh and read threads in here fourms. everyone learn don't worry.

------------------------
GC = Green Card
LC = Labor Certificate
140 = pettition for Alien worker
EAD = Employment Authorization Document
485 = pettiton Adjust of Status or (Green Card )
FP = Finger Print ()

this is the best link to learn about GC FAQs

http://www.immigration.com/faq/greencardindex.html

and all other FAQs
http://www.immigration.com/faq/

also good link to learn is http://murthy.com/gc.html

---------------------------------------

Long stroy shourt

YOu said u paid, I assumed u paid to attorney,
First of all make sure that Fine u paid $1000 is there in ur 485 receipt. it would be like 1300++ including FP fees Medical 485 pettiton fee etc
not sure in ur case just check ur receipt

as u said u are fine with W2+EVL+LC+140 etc.... don't worry about out of status.... then you don't need to worry for interview. just go ahead without attorney.

Good LUck

Thanks Prince for the advice, It certainly will help me alot!!! :cool: and yes I've already paid for the 485, and yes, with the time I'll get the hang of it.

Thanks, and let's hope for the best

:rolleyes:
Lucky Luciano the King of the Bacauza

luckyluciano said:
Hey PJ, I'm not to good with them abbreviations, I wish I was like most of U, that know the game like, FP, EAD and them dates, I'm sure I've paid the $ 1000 penalty, and I'm currently with the same employer that filled the petition, My Labor Certificate is all set and went thru, the Job title is the same, I'm all set with my taxes, I have all the w2 since I've been with this employer, from 2001 up to now, and I've already got the EVL(Employment Verification Letter), now the last question I didn't get it...if i'm from a SR Country...? ....

Thankxx PJ :D

Maybe I missed it. Exactly what date was your Labor Certification filed?

To luckyluciano: I am in the same situation as you are and waiting for the interview. Where is you interview? If your are from one of those special registration country then I will suggest to take a good lawyer.

Good Luck

Hey Gclord

What is a special registration country? my interview is in Boston, and yes, I'm from Brazil and yes I'll be taking my lawyer.

Best of Luck