Interview coming soon.

nllivephoto

Registered Users (C)
Hello

My interview will be coming soon I married a usc and i have the following questions.
I worked before getting married and still working on a descent job with a random ssn, what should i say if the io asks me if i worked on the past with another ssn or how i was working if i didnt have a ssn.
Anybody with expiriences in boston?

If they ask, I would suggest telling them the truth because they may do a background check on you.

Do NOT volunteer that info because that's serious fraud. I doubt they will ask you about that at the interview unless you get a probing IO. Why didn't you rectify the situation after sending in the AOS package and receiving your SSN?

If they ask tell the TRUTH unauthorized employment will be forgiven. Now if you falsely claimed to be an American Citizen on your i-9 that might cause you trouble. But if it comes up you could always say you claimed to be US national not a US citizen.

U will be screwed royally!!!

If they ask tell the TRUTH unauthorized employment will be forgiven. Now if you falsely claimed to be an American Citizen on your i-9 that might cause you trouble. But if it comes up you could always say you claimed to be US national not a US citizen.

You will be caught either way. Your I-9 is subject to review as part of your background check, so if you claimed to be a USC, then the IO finds this information being technical isn't going to help you.:rolleyes: You can plan to lie all you want, but they have solid evidence against you, your petition will be denied and you will be deported. I don't know anyone with a random thin air SSN, you got it somewhere. Once you got married, you should have stopped working.:confused: Continuing to break the law is not forgivable just because you married a USC. What you are guilty of is not ignorance of the law, but rather just choosing to violate the law under the guise that it will be forgiven...:eek:

On the I-9 I have at work it has information of me with another DOB, and a random Ssn, the reason I haven't changed my ssn is because I have a position i never thought I was going to get when I started working for this company I'm not sure how to change my ssn in the company. If they don't ask me about work I will not say Anything, if I take some pay stubs to prove how I support myself and my wife will raise some questions? I was told once by a lawyer that they don't care I was working they care mostly if the marriage is real.

Good luck..but u will be caught...

On the I-9 I have at work it has information of me with another DOB, and a random Ssn, the reason I haven't changed my ssn is because I have a position i never thought I was going to get when I started working for this company I'm not sure how to change my ssn in the company. If they don't ask me about work I will not say Anything, if I take some pay stubs to prove how I support myself and my wife will raise some questions? I was told once by a lawyer that they don't care I was working they care mostly if the marriage is real.

Good luck with the logic of your lawyer. Acting in a lawful manner is the kingpin of any society, but obviously you are focused on status and positions, but USCIS is focused on enforcing the law. The focus of USCIS is whether you knew that being employed was a violation of immigration laws:confused: I assume your answers will be that you had to provide for the family at the expense of USCIS laws? Or that you knew it was illegal but continued to do it after you got married because you expected USCIS to forgive your employment escapades? :p You could have applied for employment authorization and a new social security number (after ur gc is approved), that is was normal people who want to avoid deportation by USCIS do. I think you are misguided in your logic... USCIS isn't to be played with or your will regret these issues for a long time...;) When ur interview approaches, I can assure you that you will think clearly, especially if the IO is aware of your current employment, previous false submissions to the IRS. Rememer that IO views themselves as judges and jury, so abusing you might be fun for them...:D

Good luck with the logic of your lawyer. Acting in a lawful manner is the kingpin of any society, but obviously you are focused on status and positions, but USCIS is focused on enforcing the law. The focus of USCIS is whether you knew that being employed was a violation of immigration laws:confused: I assume your answers will be that you had to provide for the family at the expense of USCIS laws? Or that you knew it was illegal but continued to do it after you got married because you expected USCIS to forgive your employment escapades? :p You could have applied for employment authorization and a new social security number (after ur gc is approved), that is was normal people who want to avoid deportation by USCIS do. I think you are misguided in your logic... USCIS isn't to be played with or your will regret these issues for a long time...;) When ur interview approaches, I can assure you that you will think clearly, especially if the IO is aware of your current employment, previous false submissions to the IRS. Rememer that IO views themselves as judges and jury, so abusing you might be fun for them...:D
well I'm not trying to make fun of the immigration laws or uscis, I know I been working illegally, I'm just curious If they ask alot in the interview about my Job or my working status what if I been using an itin to fill out taxes?

You will be caught either way. Your I-9 is subject to review as part of your background check, so if you claimed to be a USC, then the IO finds this information being technical isn't going to help you.:rolleyes: You can plan to lie all you want, but they have solid evidence against you, your petition will be denied and you will be deported. I don't know anyone with a random thin air SSN, you got it somewhere. Once you got married, you should have stopped working.:confused: Continuing to break the law is not forgivable just because you married a USC. What you are guilty of is not ignorance of the law, but rather just choosing to violate the law under the guise that it will be forgiven...:eek:

Most if not all overstayers who adjust status in the US have worked without authorization at some point but it has not been a bar to AOS. The 9th circuit and the BIA have both ruled that checking US citizen or National on the i-9 form does not necessarily mean you have made a false claim to US citizenship.

The probability that the io will ask that question is so small, its negligible. But if I were u i'd try to get that cleared up so it does not jeopardaize your career.

well I'm not trying to make fun of the immigration laws or uscis, I know I been working illegally, I'm just curious If they ask alot in the interview about my Job or my working status what if I been using an itin to fill out taxes?

Wait to find out...only time will tell if you are a genuis or you will be nailed on the wall like a bat..:D AOS interviews are unpredictable and can go down hill pretty quick, but there are many cases where people have fun with IOs, not sharing cereal, but respectful conversation based on simple premise: truthfulness and mutual respect for each other's intelligence. :) I had such an officer...:cool:

I cannot predict the future for you, but what I can predict is if you are not truthful to legitimate questions, but want to be technical, you could be in for a surprise. Remember you swear to tell the truth and lying to them while they have material to refute your answer will be a recipe for ball busting..:eek:

9th Circuit ruling not holy grail

Most if not all overstayers who adjust status in the US have worked without authorization at some point but it has not been a bar to AOS. The 9th circuit and the BIA have both ruled that checking US citizen or National on the i-9 form does not necessarily mean you have made a false claim to US citizenship.

9th circuit had an overwhelming evidence on the case in question to overturn the BIA. I believe the ruling was limited to that case in particular based on presented evidence, but for people to cling to that ruling as a holy grail for claim to citizenship is skating on thin ice. Is this the Karaouni’s case?

Wait to find out...only time will tell if you are a genuis or you will be nailed on the wall like a bat..:D AOS interviews are unpredictable and can go down hill pretty quick, but there are many cases where people have fun with IOs, not sharing cereal, but respectful conversation based on simple premise: truthfulness and mutual respect for each other's intelligence. :) I had such an officer...:cool:

I cannot predict the future for you, but what I can predict is if you are not truthful to legitimate questions, but want to be technical, you could be in for a surprise. Remember you swear to tell the truth and lying to them while they have material to refute your answer will be a recipe for ball busting..:eek:
Well I'm planning on being honest on the interview there's nothing to hide all I want to know is how can afffect if he asks me If I worked illegally and I say yes