Interview Cancelled

alphagc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Just received a letter saying that my interview that is scheduled in three weeks at JFK-Boston is CANCELLED and they will notify me with a new date...
Have anyone experienced this before???

Very frustrated...
:eek:

:I am old timer here.I have read many many posts that showed interview cancelled last minute or days before the interview.It is basically boils down to your A-file has not yet tranferred to DO or it could be name check ,background check has not yet completed.They guy who is doing you interview needs to take day off.So take infopass and find out when it will be reschduled.

Thats so frustrating. Probably they cancelled interview for all those scheduled on that day. I dont know but wish USCIS introduces some transparency on how this works, when the file gets transferred.

Good luck and take it easy.

I did infopass three weeks ago and the IO said that my background check has been completed and was waiting in the interview queue. My ID was suppose to be 01/24/2008

Your ID is 01/24 or 01/22. I think i remember you posting in boston thread, ID is 01/22. If 01/24 i think there is someone in boston thread with same date. Lets see if he posts anything

No it is 1/24/2008. It is Thrusday. I do remember there is another person his ID is 1/24/2008 too

I did call Customer service and they don't have enough information other than the one on the web site.

I asked to be forward to an immigration officer and the CS said he can't because it is not required. He asked me to wait for 60 days and I should hear something back.

Hi,

Just received a letter saying that my interview that is scheduled in three weeks at JFK-Boston is CANCELLED and they will notify me with a new date...
Have anyone experienced this before???

Yes, happened to me (see the sig), very disappointed when I got that letter, and I never did find out why. But don't worry, there'll be a new one soon.

customer service is useless. Other day i called them (after getting IL) to see what their status is and they said i'm still not scheduled for interview and read same message "Your application is receieved....." from website.

customer service is useless. Other day i called them (after getting IL) to see what their status is and they said i'm still not scheduled for interview and read same message "Your application is receieved....." from website.

Exactly that's what happend with me

Just curious, what exactly does your interview cancellation letter state. Does it give any reason or says unforseen circumstances.

Yes i saw other threads where this is the common verbaige for interview cancellation. Infopass should give you more information why this happened.

Did you schedule an infopass appt. to find out why?

No, I figured I would just wait a while for another appointment. Figured I'd give them 60 days and then try to find out. I read on here that cancellations happen from time to time, quite often because the DO hasn't received the case file.

The descheduled letter I received today was issued from Boston office not from Vermont Service center. I guess they are overbooked ...

I came to know that VSC hasn't send my file to Boston DO. Do I have to write to VSC ? Any ideas??

alphagc