Interview Cancelled -

Well, it will probably take them anywhere from a week or two to forever to reschedule your interview.

The Dallas DO "descheduled" mine last April because of a screw up on their part. It took them nearly 5 months, 2 letters (from me) and 4 InfoPass appointments to reschedule. In the end, it was the intervention of Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's office that finally got them to reschedule my interview.

My advice... Wait 4 to 6 weeks and then phone your congressman's and your senators' offices.

Unfortunately, that time period overlaps with the election. You said that your were in Houston (if I remember correctly). Sen. Cornyn's office will be unaffected by the election. I'd expect Sen. Hutchison to be re-elected, so her office will likely have some continuity. Your congressman's office may be in complete turmoil by then.

Good luck

Flydog said:
Well, it will probably take them anywhere from a week or two to forever to reschedule your interview.

The Dallas DO "descheduled" mine last April because of a screw up on their part. It took them nearly 5 months, 2 letters (from me) and 4 InfoPass appointments to reschedule. In the end, it was the intervention of Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's office that finally got them to reschedule my interview.

My advice... Wait 4 to 6 weeks and then phone your congressman's and your senators' offices.

Unfortunately, that time period overlaps with the election. You said that your were in Houston (if I remember correctly). Sen. Cornyn's office will be unaffected by the election. I'd expect Sen. Hutchison to be re-elected, so her office will likely have some continuity. Your congressman's office may be in complete turmoil by then.

Good luck

Thanks for your advice. I will do that.

should i do an infopass?

I am in the same situation, 11/22 is the interview and 11/26 is the GC date. It is 4 days for my 5 year completion.

Should I schedule for an Infopass and request them to delay by a week or return the letter saying that I will not be able to attend and reschedule the interview.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

oats said:
I am in the same situation, 11/22 is the interview and 11/26 is the GC date. It is 4 days for my 5 year completion.

Should I schedule for an Infopass and request them to delay by a week or return the letter saying that I will not be able to attend and reschedule the interview.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

My interview has been rescheduled on 11/13.

Sony2006 said:
That usually means that your interview letter was issued, and probably mailed as well. Usually people with updated status receive their letters in the mail between 2-3 days later.

I hope that is the case with you.

Good luck!
I guess i was right then :)
Congratulations!

Thanks. This gives me hope that an interview will be given in a few weeks amount of time if rescheduled.

I have scheduled for an infopass appt and see how it goes.

attended infopass

Attended infopass to check if having interview date before 5 years is an issue or not.

IO consulted his colleague and said that they are not aware of any problem because of the early interview. IO suggested not to reschedule the date.

IO confirmed that Name check is cleared so they have sent the IL.

My interview date is November 22, 2006. However, my 5-year anniversary is on November 27, 2006. Is this going to be a problem? My interview is in the Chicago downtown office.

Thanks for help/advice/suggestions.