Interview Cancelled -

its_me_73

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got a call from Houston, DO saying that my interview has been cancelled since 5 year GC period has not been completed yet. They will reschedule the interview after Oct 11, 2006. They left a message on my phone. I did not get a chance to talk to them. I did not get any cancellation notice yet either. What should I do? I am planning to just show up and see what happens.

Thanks for your opinion and feedback.

Thats 2 days before your interview right? :(

Does that mean that if they have scheduled the interview before the 5 years are completed, they will re-schedule? Damn! Some DO's are going so fast they have to resort to this? :(

Just show up anyway and tell them that the next oath ceremony is going to be next month anyway, by which your 5 years will be done...its worth a try.

Well lets see... voicemails can get lost, so I suggest turning up anyway and seeing what happens.

I went to my interview which was two weeks before the 5 year period, the immigration officer asked me the history-civics-English questions and after that he said that I have to come back after the 5th year date and gave me a new appointment. He promised me that I won’t have to go through the history-civics questioning again, only to end the second part of the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
newbie78 said:
Oh, could that be why my interview NOA mentions "initial" interview?

Oh, boy...

Hmm.. Now that I read carefully, it does say initial interview in mine too. Maybe that's common !!! Oh Well, I will let you guys know tomorrow.

its_me_73 said:
Hmm.. Now that I read carefully, it does say initial interview in mine too. Maybe that's common !!! Oh Well, I will let you guys know tomorrow.
Yes it is common. It says so in everyone's letter. It said the same thing in my letter too, but I didn't have to go again. The language seems to be there to cover situations where they have to call someone again.

its_me_73 said:
Indeed it is just a standard statement " initial interview" considering the final "interview" the oath ceremony.

Mentioning "initial interview" has nothing to do with your timeline, i can assure you that. I would like to join my voice to all those who said go for it anyway.

Good luck!!!~

Sony2006 said:
Indeed it is just a standard statement " initial interview" considering the final "interview" the oath ceremony.

Mentioning "initial interview" has nothing to do with your timeline, i can assure you that. I would like to join my voice to all those who said go for it anyway.

Good luck!!!~

Well, I showed up at the DO like I said I would. However, the interview was descheduled. She said she could back date it if it was only a day or two. However, I got the impression that I could probably convince her to interview me if she had not already dscheduled. So, I will have to wait for the new appointment date. Unfortunately, she has no way to know when the interview would be scheduled since it is system generated at TSC.
Thanks

Descheduling can suck badly. My May 5th interview was descheduled because of a problem at the USCIS. After 2 letters, four info pass appointments and a fruitless intervention by an aide on my congressman's staff, I finally found a person in one of my Senator's staff who was willing to push the USCIS to reschedule my appointment. It's now set for Oct 23rd (Dallas DO).

Good luck.

My advice, wait a month, take an infopass and get a statement of exactly what the status of everything is, and then go to your congressman and both your senator's to see if they can do something.

But, what do I know, I have spent 6 months in descheduled limbo.

its_me_73 said:
Well, I showed up at the DO like I said I would. However, the interview was descheduled. She said she could back date it if it was only a day or two. However, I got the impression that I could probably convince her to interview me if she had not already dscheduled. So, I will have to wait for the new appointment date. Unfortunately, she has no way to know when the interview would be scheduled since it is system generated at TSC.
Thanks
so how many days exactly is the difference?

Flydog said:
Descheduling can suck badly. My May 5th interview was descheduled because of a problem at the USCIS. After 2 letters, four info pass appointments and a fruitless intervention by an aide on my congressman's staff, I finally found a person in one of my Senator's staff who was willing to push the USCIS to reschedule my appointment. It's now set for Oct 23rd (Dallas DO).

Good luck.

My advice, wait a month, take an infopass and get a statement of exactly what the status of everything is, and then go to your congressman and both your senator's to see if they can do something.

But, what do I know, I have spent 6 months in descheduled limbo.

Thanks for your advice. I will do that.

its_me_73 said:
Thanks for your advice. I will do that.

Thank you guys. It was 7 days from 5-year completion. I did not go the INFOPASS since that would have been useless. I got all the info from the IO. She was very nice. Anyway, the last update date has changed again today on the online status page. Not sure what it means!

its_me_73 said:
Thank you guys. It was 7 days from 5-year completion. I did not go the INFOPASS since that would have been useless. I got all the info from the IO. She was very nice. Anyway, the last update date has changed again today on the online status page. Not sure what it means!
That usually means that your interview letter was issued, and probably mailed as well. Usually people with updated status receive their letters in the mail between 2-3 days later.

I hope that is the case with you.

Good luck!

its_me_73 - we are in the same boat !

its_me_73 said:

Got a call today to say that my interview was descheduled for the same reason as its_me_73 i.e. not completed 5 years. Guess they will re-schedule. Back to waiting mode... :(

Citi2007 said:
Got a call today to say that my interview was descheduled for the same reason as its_me_73 i.e. not completed 5 years. Guess they will re-schedule. Back to waiting mode... :(

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it will work out fine.

its_me_73 said:
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it will work out fine.

Hope so too. It was nice to see CIS moving quickly for a change. ;)

Since your LUD has changed, please update when you get your IV again.

ps: I have sent you a PM.

Citi2007 said:
Hope so too. It was nice to see CIS moving quickly for a change. ;)

Since your LUD has changed, please update when you get your IV again.

ps: I have sent you a PM.

Since I will be out of the country for a while, I wanted to know if my interview had been scheduled again so that I could plan my return in advance. I was hoping it would be since the case status was updated a few days back. I made an INFOPASS appointment this morning and spoke to an IO. She told me that interview has not been scheduled yet. So, the date change was probably triggered by descheduling of the interview. BTW, the IO told me that my name/background check had already been completed.