Interview Cancelled (question)

suraj_patel

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am married to USC (f1 married to USC). we got married on feb 2005 and applied in april 2005. I stay in Baton rouge and due to Katrina our case got delayed untill now. I did get an EAD in jul 2005. I also got my second EAD recently. After that I did not get any thing from USCIS.

Today I got a e-mail about my I-485, it is says "The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled."

I did not recieve any letter about my interview and I don't how it was canceled. Does any one got this kind of case status even before the getting interview letter. I did not change my address since I got married.

What does this mean?

thanks
suraj

Suraj

Many people have gone to the interview as though they did not see the email and have successfully gotten the GC. When USCIS was asked about this, they said the email was a mistake and asked people to come to the interview.

Just go for the interview and Good Luck on your Interview !!

Hi Miamilover,
My problem is I did not recieve any letter of appointment( for interiew) at the first place. All I recieved is E-mail saying that "The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified if the interview is rescheduled." I checked the status on the website and showed the same message.

My question is I did not recieve a first appointment letter and then I got an e-mail saying my interview is cancelled.

Thanks
suraj

I got the same email, saying they canceled the interview, even though I had never heard anything about an interview. I called, and they said not to worry about it. Maybe they cancelled it before they even sent out the letter. This probably means that you're nearing the end of the process, and that you will receive an appointment letter in the next couple of months.

interview cancelled

when i went to my interview there was a couple with a cancellation notice that went anyways and got interviewd i would take the notice the day of the alleged cancelled interview and try to get the interview you will be seen just be ready with all ur documents as you would normally and good luck