Interview Cancelled Please HELP

theadder

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I was going to have an interview on DEC 15th, but today i received a letter saying that due to unforeseen circumstances they have cancelled my interview (which is only after 3 days!!)... and thats it.No reschedule or nothing,i called uscis of course like always they told me they dont know anything and i gotta wait ...I`ve been doing some research online and there r some cases when couples dont go to the interview ,cuz its cancelled ,but the IO expected them,so they dont show up and after few days they got denial letter. I live near Washington DC and the interview is in Raleigh,NC (as we moved few days ago).I know i have two options-travel 7 hours one way to Raleigh to hear "Your interview was really cancelled" or stay here and wait for re-schedule and receive a denial letter after few days .... Somebody Help please?

Very difficult call to make, seeing the travel requirments. Unfortunately you have to make this call.

I know i have two options-travel 7 hours one way to Raleigh to hear "Your interview was really cancelled" or stay here and wait for re-schedule and receive a denial letter after few days .... Somebody Help please?

Thanks for the advice,Triple Citizen, I will go to Raleigh, i just dont understand why they r doing this .... :(

My husband got also a cancellation letter, and a week later he got the new interview date...
7 hrs?? Thats far, I hope you don't go there to find out it was really cancelled, wish you all the best! Good Luck!

yeah ,i was thinking of making infopass first,but its not available sooner than 16th and my interview is on the 15t,so i guess i am going to Raleigh ...Everyth happens for a reason ,right? if its meant to be they will let me have my i-ew. Thanks everybody

If you have recently moved, then his immigration file may still be at your previous immigration office, or in transit to your new one. I used to work at an immigration office, and depending on where the file was coming from, it sometimes took weeks to get the file to the new office. If you haven't moved, then a possible reason for the cancellation is that the scheduling center may have screwed up and scheduled too many interviews for that particular date and time. We had an issue like that once in our office. We had to search through all the files and find out which ones had been scheduled for the same interviewer, date, and time, and then reschedule a few. If you don't hear back in a few weeks, schedule an Infopass appointment online to go in and speak to an Information Officer. Calling the toll free number only makes you frustrated.

travel 7 hours one way to Raleigh to hear "Your interview was really cancelled"

Come on it doesnt take 7 hours to go to Raleigh from DC.

I commute every week between Durham (15 miles from Raleigh) and DC and it takes me 4 hours on a normal day and 5 to 6 hours on a friday evening when the traffic is really bad( which is every friday).

So if you decide to travel to Raleigh, I would advice leaving on non-rush hour and you will be there in 4 to 4.5 hours

my interview is exactly in Durham and we travelled this distance like 3-4 times already and ok not 7 but 6.5 hours .And plus our interview is at 8 so we r leaving at 12 at night(u know everyth might happen so i prefer to be on the safe side.
Yes i filed ar-11 for both and next day we called to confirm the address and we changed it for i 130 and i 485, (btw strange thing is that i received mail from uscis on my new address (they confirmed we called) and at the same time a day later they sent the interview cancellation letter to my old address( and good that post office forwarded it to me ).
i would wait at home for the new appointment if i havent read in I-net that ppl who did the same got denied because "they abandoned their application".
so i guess they cancelled it because of change of address which is very stupid as we told them on the phone we wanna keep the same date and location even tough we moved and they said "ok:...

if i have an interview at all (and then if i pass) ,i will need a stamp in my pass to be able to travel to europe for christmas. but i know they refuse to put stamps in ur passport,does somebody have any idea how i have to convince them. I know going for Christmas is not emergency for them,but for somebody who hasnt seen their family for 8 months ,Christmas is a big emergency.

if i have an interview at all (and then if i pass) ,i will need a stamp in my pass to be able to travel to europe for christmas. but i know they refuse to put stamps in ur passport,does somebody have any idea how i have to convince them. I know going for Christmas is not emergency for them,but for somebody who hasnt seen their family for 8 months ,Christmas is a big emergency.

I didnT see my family for 7 YEARS at the time of the interview... she only stamped my passport because we show her the plane tickets, and she told us that getting that stamp is a privilegy that not many people get.. so I don't know really if you can get it stamped.. I got my GC 10 days after the interview ..so It wont take long anyways! Good Luck!

if i have an interview at all (and then if i pass) ,i will need a stamp in my pass to be able to travel to europe for christmas.
What kind of stamp are you talking about? A visa stamp for a European country? Or a stamp given by USCIS so you can reenter the US after foreign travel?

Your green card is not approved yet, so you won't get a stamp from USCIS. You would use Advance Parole to reenter the US when your I-485 is pending. Did you receive the Advance Parole yet?

yes i have a AP,but if i get approved at the interview,i will have to wait for my GC in order to travel,so i was wondering if i can get my passport stamped in order to re-enter the US (because i had intentions to leave US immediately after my interview). However guys,i am not going to the interview tomorrow,as we called CSR and second level advised me that my Paper file was sent from Raleigh to who knows where ,and there will be no interview for sure,They cancelled it cuz we moved to a different state,so i have infopass appointment for tomorrow in the Washington DO , and hopefully they will not consider my application "abendoned" haha . Thank you guys for all of the responses,you`ve been helping a lot last few months . Thank u

Note that at the interview, if they say you're approved it doesn't mean you're officially approved yet unless they also give you an I-551 stamp in your passport or an approval notice. Without something official on paper showing the approval is finalized, it could still be subject to supervisor review and the official approval may be days, weeks, or months later, or could be withdrawn.

However, whether or not you get an official approval at the interview, you can still use Advance Parole to travel. People whose green cards have been recently approved can use Advance Parole to enter the US if they haven't received the physical card yet. When you show the Advance Parole, they should see the GC approval in the system and give an I-551 stamp at the airport.