Interview Cancelled for N-400

vela

Registered Users (C)
I applied for N-400 in Nov 2002.
Priority Date: Dec. 2002
Fingerprinting: Jan 2003

then nothing....

I made an inquiry on 7/30/03 and got a letter back on 8/6/03 saying "Nothing Scheduled"

The next day: on 8/6/03 I got an interview scheduled for Oct 16th 03.

The next day: on 8/7/03 I got a letter saying "due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to cancel the previously scheduled interview" and "we will advise you of any further action..."

The SAME day: on 8/7/03 I got an interview scheduled for Oct 7, 2003 (sooner than the last schedule!).

The next day: on 8/8/03 I got the same notice - interview cancelled!!!

Anyone seen this before? Shed some light? What's going on here?

I've lived in the USA for over 13 years, got my Green Card in 1994, so been eligible for almost 5 years to apply. Married an American 7 years ago (after I got my GC, not marriage based!).

Anyone shed any light? Ever gotten a cancellation? Why do they cancel so unceremoniously? Rajiv, can you shed some light? This sounds a bit like an odd one... don't you think? Anyone?

Thanks,
Vela

Let me guess...

Sounds like San Jose office.....

Let me guess... Are you in the San Jose area?

Have you seen the Washington Mutual Commercial where they keep closing a teller window on a man (those technician guys) and he keeps runing from one window to another, and the guys keep laughing?:D Those technicians work in the San Jose INS office now.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cancelled N 400

Originally posted by vela
Yes - it is San Jose! :(

Is this common?? How did u know?

Oh yeah, quite common. Use the serach funcion and you will find plenty of posts about this "character" working in San Jose.

The good news is that those people who reported this in the past eventually had got an interview appointment that did not get descheduled.

Good luck!

P.S. I am also in San Jose (applied in May)

N400 Interview Cancelled

One more data point:

FBI got request on 1/15/03 and sent the report back the same day!

Still nothing.... :((

FBI

Yes, that's usually how long it takes these days if your fingerprints were taken electronically. (in less than 24 hours). And that's how long it should take in the year of 2003 anyways.