interview canceled

riversrun

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

I just got a LUD and email notice, saying the interview scheduled in my case has been canceled, and I will be notified if the interivew is rescheduled. I never received any interview letter. Called the 1-800 number and had nothing useful from them, just saying it could be an overbooked one, or the interviewer may have a family emergency, bla, bla. I asked whether USCIS has ever sent me an interview letter before or an info pass a need. The operator had no idea about the mail and insisted on waiting til they send me the interview letter.

So anyone has similar experience or any input on this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline:
DATE
6/23/06 AP Mailed Date 001
6/25/06 RD Date 003
6/28/06 ND Date 007
7/25/06 FP taken Date 033
10/11/06 EAD approval Date 111
10/15/06 EAD recved Date 114

"I just got a LUD and email notice, saying the interview scheduled in my case has been canceled, and I will be notified if the interivew is rescheduled. I never received any interview letter. Called the 1-800 number and had nothing useful from them, just saying it could be an overbooked one, or the interviewer may have a family emergency, bla, bla. I asked whether USCIS has ever sent me an interview letter before or an info pass a need. The operator had no idea about the mail and insisted on waiting til they send me the interview letter."

I am sort of in the same boat. My interview is scheduled for Dec 5 and I just got an e-mail stating that my interview was canceled. I will try to call 1-800, however I guess I will plan on just showing up for the interview as scheduled since there is no way I can get an infopass before then...

if you dont mind my asking, how did you know that your namecheck has already cleared?

i had my interview on 10/26 and am pending namecheck so i dont know how long it will take before it gets cleared

Atrobello,

During an Infopass appointment on Monday the officer looked at my file in her computer and after 2 minutes of checking she told me that my FBI name check is done and came back a month after fingerprinting. They can 100% check at Infopass if the check is done or not. Also, that day a couple was asking about their name check because they had their interview in March, and their name check was really still pending. I guess all you can do is to wait - but if a ridiculous amount of time has passed you might want to contact your congressman/woman, they usually help with those cases.

Good luck!

atrobello said:
if you dont mind my asking, how did you know that your namecheck has already cleared?

i had my interview on 10/26 and am pending namecheck so i dont know how long it will take before it gets cleared

I came for infopass sometime in august and asked the IO about it. Apperently he could look it up and see that it was cleared. I think there is also a phone number you can call. Even though it really seems like from that point its a waiting game...good luck

thanks for your help. i have an infopass appointment tomorrow morning so hopefully something good will come out of it. i will keep my fingers crossed.

thanks again your input is greatly appreciated. :)