Interview Call From Local INS

gctran

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
My wife recieved interview call from Local INS ( Milwaukee) last week. She has been asked to get her medicals(i 693) . Interview is on 8 the october. We did submit her medicals along with her I 485 application. Can someone please answer my following questions:

1 . I haven't recived any interview call, Is it something unusual ?

2 . Should i redo my wifes medicals or request the clinic to send
a copy of her medicals done more than a year ago (18 months approx) ?

My RD : 10/03/2001 FP: 04/20/2003 and waiting for apprvl

Wifes RD : 04/15/2002 FP : 04/20/2003 and called for Interview.

Thanks

Call From Attorney

Fyi,
I am Primary Applicant. I got a call from my attorney saying that he recieved mine as well as my wifes interview call scheduled at the same time . Guy's please advice me if i should take any attorney with me. my attorney is in atlanta and he cannot come with me. can i hire any other attorney ? mine ac21 case and got married after filing 485. what could be the possible questions i can be asked. any advice on this matter will be appreciated. thanks once again.

Congratulations!

First of all Congratulations!

IMHO, It shouldn't be a big problem as long as you have all the paperwork you filed while using AC21. Lawyer is necessary for much complicated cases, I don't think yours fall into that category. Take it easy and ralax. You will do it fine.

BTW, when did your online status change to transferred.

Wish you all the best !!

Thanks for the response

Hi GC_Aspirant_11,
Thanks for your response. I havent informed INS about my change of company but i am still doing the same kind of job at the same place. Online message hasn't changed . it still gives me the same info " recieved on 10/03/2003 and blah....." . My 2nd EAD was tranferred to Local INS and that is when i came to know (thru IIO) that my file (along with my wifes) has been tranferred to local INS.Thanks

gctran

heartiest congrats!
just relax and be confident.
take a current employee letter describing your job function, preferably copied from your i140, ac21 allows you to work for anyone (after 180 days) and there is no regulation , as far as i know, about telling the ins, except ar11 about address change.

take all the possible documents and be confident.
best of luck.

keep us posted.

date of interview

How long did it take for you to recieve the interview appointment after the case was transferred? How long since filing the case?

thanks,
Mark

Shouldn't be a problem!

Congratulations!

Go to the interview well prepared with the employment related stuff.. you should be able to prove that you are working in the same category and your job responsibilities are the same etc.. etc.. That should really work!

Another thing could be ( I am just thinking, i am not quite sure)regarding your marriage. Take the marriage certificate and may be even marriage photos!

I don't see anything beyond these two things. Wish you all the best and share with us your interview experience for the benefit of others who might face similar situation!

Kamal

Thanks

Thank you all for wishing me. My case was tranferred to Milw (from Texas) on Apr 25 2003. Recieved interview letter on sept 16th. I havent included my wifes name in appartments lease. is there any other proof you guys can think of to show that we are staying togther (other than bank statement). thanks

joint expensive purchase (car, furniture, etc.)
joint insurance (car, medical)
joint tax return
joint credit card account
These are the items I can remember from my interview letter.
All the joint have to happen six months before the interview.

GcTran,

Have your new employment letter ready for interview but do not show them until and unless interview officer asks u for the same.

I wish you all the luck.

GcMemphis

gctran,

Congratulations that you are looking at the end of the tunnel.

Your wife's driver license should also prove that she's at the same address as yours.

Mine is also in milwaukee

Hi there,

My case is also in Milwaukee and Scheduled for the interview on 23th october.

Keep us posted with your progress.

I will

knshah

my wife has been asked to get(on 8 th oct) her medicals(i693) for the interview and i have been asked to get(on 22nd oct) i94,passport and date of birth cert. what kind of doc's you were asked for ?

strange

did u have any issue in medical and why two different dates
did u add your wife at a later stage for 485?:confused:

Interview Experience

Just wanted to update you guys with the interview experience in Milwaukee INS on 8th Oct.

My wife's interview date : 8 th october ( asked for I693 med)
My interview date : 22nd Oct (Attorney recieved my notice)(asked for birth cert , i 94, and passport)

Arrived at INS 9:45 AM (interview scheduled at 10 :00AM). My wife was called inside at 10:15 AM. i accmpanied my wife. Officer was very nice . He asked us to take a oath ( to tell truth) and we did. He was surprised that my wife's interview was scheduled before mine( primary applicant). He made my wife sign a paper to carry out the interview without the attorney.He asked my wife few simple questions like , where did you we married ? are we still at the same address mentioned in the application ? He verified our marriage cert, wifes birth certificate and her i 693 med. He asked me wheter i am still working for the same company. since i changed the company i give him a copy of the request letter from my present company.He went through all the columns in the 485 application and wanted my wife to answer "yes" or "no" for the columns with criminal back ground verification (like have u been arrested, drug traffecing etc...) He told me that he can interview me on the same day provided his slot is open. He asked us to check back around 1 :00 PM as he needs to locate my file. We came around 1:00 PM and luckily some person dint turn up and i was called in. Before he started the interview he told me that even if case is approved he cannot do the stamping as he needs to request some kind of visa number (?). made us do the oath. asked me about my new company. he wanted the orginal request letter (to BCIS stating that i am doing same kind of job as was mentioned in my Labour) from the present company and gave him. Since the letter was from Tampa (our main office) , he asked wheter there is any branch in wisconsin. i answered yes in milwaukee. he wanted some contact number in Milwaukee which i dint have and it was ok with him as i told him that all kind info about the company can be found at companys website. He asked me whether my prev and present company do the same kind of business as my present company says that they provide all kinds(health,admin,IT....) of professional staffing. my prev company was only into IT. I told him that my present company is bigger and provide staffing in all area's and i am in IT division and my prev company was only into IT. He made me answer "yes " or "no" for the criminal back ground verification.

At the end of the interview i asked him how long is going take for them to take the decision. He said that it might be from 2 days to couple of months as he has to further review the case.

That was my experience at Local ,INS. Important thing was officer was very nice and polite. I hope he doesnt find any flaw in my case and approves it ASAP.

I will update you guys with my case if ther is any. Good Luck To you all .