Interview at SFO

vipsha

Registered Users (C)
Our interview ( I mean my wife's interview ) was scheduled at 10:15AM, we reached at 9:30 at SFO INS. After security clearance we went to room no 200C and dropped our interview letter in slot. At 10:45 one moron showed up (you must have guessed the result of interview). Our lawyer was also there with us. Since I was primary applicant that's why I was also there but he said you are not required inside. So only my wife and lawyer went in to the room.
As per my wife he did not asked much, pretty much basic questions,
Date of births,
Where are the tax docs (she gave all the tax docs)
Birth certificate of kids ?
Address ?
Marriage certificate
I-134 ( I don't know why he asked for and why he took it, neither my wife asked)
He did not realize that we were there because of INS mistake only.
Finally after taking all docs he said since your FP has been expired so you need to do it again and gave her a FP notice, the only good thing happen is FP notice was for today only at Broadway street just two blocks away.
The whole interview (so called) took 25 minutes.
After that we went for FP , that took 10 minutes.

Yeah, now question is when my wife is going to get approval ?
She asked the same thing to that moron also and he said recently he approved two case of this kind , one took a week and another took a month [ period ]
Now it is up to you what estimate you make(he did not said that this is understood)
End of story for today next episode will be next time.

These INS suckers, I hate it. Gurrrrrrr:mad:

PD:June'2000
RD:March'2001
ND:April'2001
FP:Sep'01
Case transfered: Dec'2001
Interview Held:June'2002
Approvad: June'02 (excluding my wife):mad:

vipsha,

:( Sounds terrible to have to wait so long and then come face to face with this moron! But I have a good feeling your wife is going to get her approval VERY VERY Soon, just because the case has nothing to hold it back (I know, I know that INS doesn't need a reason), but seriously there is nothing in her case that calls for delay or worse rejection, when she is the secondary applicant and the primary applicant has already received his green card.

Good luck!

Why is INS full of Morons. I think they should hire ppl on H1bs and EADs to get there workdone. I bet there will be a big turn around.

Best of luck for the approval.

How much time does it takes to get FP clear from FBI, I know there was a phone number to call and ask the status, is it still valid ?

FP#: 1-304-625-5590 (option 4)

Takes a couple of days.

I took my Fp 22April last year and the results were available on 24th April.

I think FBI, is pretty fast at that.

-MygcWaiter.

vipsha,

It is true that FBI is very fast, I would put the time frame more as 2 weeks MAX! Rather than 2 days, just to keep some buffer. But seriously, how long should it take? The prints are digitized, they will run it as a batch job on the computer, overnight, have the results the next morning. Nothing to it!

Keep your fingers crossed for an approval in 2 weeks! :)

guys,

I just call FBI and they siad they have checked the FP and send it back to INS, but what is the result they did not told me.
Last time also when I called them in sep'01 they said same thing.