Interview At Newark Office

jackii

Registered Users (C)
I have a interview on 21st April 2001. Please help me out about a questions
and what kind of documents they need, I am very much worried about interview.

No Title

JACO
doesn\'t your interview notice say what documents you need to bring
to the interview

No Title

I have a similar case of transfer to Newark, but the letter just talks about Passport, I-94, Medical reports(but these have already been submitted by us witht he reply to the RFE!), Affadavit of Support, Original Birth & Marriage Certs. According to the lawyer just these are enough, but it seems from other\'s experience that EAD/AP, Photos, W2s, EMployment letter, etc, etc, etc are also required. Does anyone have any information on what all one should carry, and how useful it is to take a lawyer with you?

No Title

Interview letter says to bring all related documents support to application and passport, I-94,birth & marraige certificates and medical reports.

No Title

JACO, I hope we don\'t have the same lawyer! I think the lawyers are going too much by the book, we really need to get some info from people who have expereinced this. Unfortunately, once people have gone through their interviews, they do not look up this system again, so the only hope is if someone who is still accessing this regularly and remebers seeign something about this. That is our only hope. Please do post anything that you hear, online or offline, as well as your experience at the INS office. Are you planning to take your lawyer with you for the interview? That is another thing I am not sure about. What are you doing about the medical reports, for we can always carry all our papers as well as carry a new letter form the employer, but should we get an additional copy of the medical report from the doctor? They would have our records, so should be able to fill out another form. Just that since we have sent one set already, I feel that should not be necessary. Seeing some other cases posted, this might lead to some delay in the approval, but I think that is ok.

Also I was wondering about the photos, I believe if you do not have the 2 photos then you will have to go and get them once they approve, before they go ahead.

Keep in touch and keep us posted.

No Title

Hi
 We had the interview back in Feb-2000 at Newark and the process was simple. The documents they asked were Medical (we got new medicals just in case..), passport, letter of employment,last 2 pay stubs taxes for last year (1999) and I also took the W2 for 2000. We had the lawyer just in case and the only help was their input submitting the documents (INS forms etc). In my case I filed for I-485 from VSC and all the prior steps (like I-140, labor) were from CSC, I guess it was transferred to local office at Newark for that reason and the officer did not have any copies of the prior paper work. I gave them all the documnetation and I guess it is a good Idea to carry all the documentation. As far as the interview they asked me simple questions like "Who do you work for", "How long" etc. The process was simple and they approved right that day. Igot my actual cards in 6 weeks. Good Idea to carry another set of Photos. I did not but they used the ones I submitted with my I-485.

Hope this helps

VJ

No Title

VJ

Thanks a lot for posting ur experience, Just out of curiousity at the time of interview do they go and check in computer like what is ur current status and all those Bull shit.... Just curious

No Title

Yes
 I guess the officer had all the information on his computer and he must have checked.

No Title

Hi vj485

Whilst they had asked you to bring the medical reports and you got a new set, did they actually ask you for them in the interview? Did you need to submit the new set to them. Also the documentation that you are talking about, did you carry your copies or did the lawyer take his set? Did you hand over this set to him? Can you please tell what was written in your letter of employment? Was it detailed giving your skills and what you would be needed for, the company\'s area of work, or was it a brief one line saying they want to keep you as a permanant employee in the....postition at .... salary.

Would appreciate your response.

No Title

JACO

Today is April 23rd and it seems ur done with ur interview. So curious what happened and could u post ur interview experience please.

Thanks

No Title

Hi JACO,

Trust you are done with your interview at Newark. What happened there, can you please let us know about the outcome in detail, what all happened, what were you asked to do/questions asked, etc, etc.

Did you drive to Newark, if so where did you park??

Look forward to hearing from you asap.

No Title

Sorry Friends,

I am sorry to post my details after a while,Because same day i went to Taxas for
my personal work. About interviwe experince, Finally they approved
my and wife case.Here I am going to tell you my exp.

We went at excatly on time 9:45 a.m befor interview notice time 10:20
a.m. Couple of people were waiting for thier case, after long wait they call my name on 12:52 p.m., Interview lady was so nice and friendly, She ask my wife all genral questions like this your first marraige,where your husband work and what kind of job he is doing.

Every thing was all right but she ask me afdavit of support and pictures, which I dont\' have that time for picture she found in file
but afidavit of support not. Then she told us my wife has to feel up
a form and sign up fornt of her, we did as she told at mean time we were seating out side waiting area she called us after 1/2 hours
and time was like 1:45 p.m. We both us are very much upset about afidavit of support, and finally she stamped out passports.

So please take a extra picture and afidavit of support you never know
what kind of paper they want. I had no attorny at my interview time.
I hope you will be sucsess in your interviwe.

Thank,
Jaco

No Title

Sorry GcWaiter5years,

I am sorry to post my interview detail lately. Now come to the point.

We went me and my wife both on time at new ark office at 10:00 am..
After long wait they call my name. Officer was lady, she ask a question regarding me to my wife, i.. what is your husband doing,in which company, howlong, is this your first marriage? she ask three to four times. Than my turn she ask my name birth date, marriage date,
W2,recent pay stubs, tax returns, I-94. and main thing she ask us
affidavit of support but we dot have it my lawyer did not told me about that and myself confious, she ask my wife to fill up a afdavit of support form, After complete a form she call us again, she check
each and every paper deeply and ask so many questions. Finally she stamp both of us passports.

Thanks,
taco

No Title

Hi Jaco,

What is this affadavit of support form? My lawyer says that is required only for family cases? What are these papers she checked deeply, also what questions did she ask you? Did she ask for the medical forms again? Can you please tell in detail what are the questions she asked you guys. Do they want a copy of the tax returns and pay stubs or just to see. Did your lawyer ask you to carry these?

How many guys were being interviewed on Saturday?

Thanks