Interview at Newark, NJ: Mixed outcome

jp1996

Registered Users (C)
Today, I had interview at Newark, NJ

appointment time 10:40 am, I reached there at 10, gave my letters, waited 2 hrs before I was called-in (around noon). It is not first-come-first-serve. I have seen some came at 11:15 and were called in at 11:30. May be officer is reviewing mine case.

As soon as I get in, officer did fp and signature of mine and my wife and she talked to me that since my all three FPs were not cleared she would need letter of Good moral from the township where I lived for past 5 years. And my attorney should have told me about it. But my attorney didn\'t tell me that.

she told me that there is nothing wrong in the file, just because of fp it is sent to local office. she asked for passports and took out I-94 and affixed in the file. she asked regular questions like any arrest or any immigration violations. We said no.

She asked us to verify certain information on the form she has (like name, addres, dob, very simple stuff).

She then gave me notice of getting letter of good moral character from the polce. She told me that they (police) knows about it and I aksed her how much time do they take to issue it. She told me that may be immediate, they just verify their records.

I have two choice (1) mail the said letter to her; upon receiving she will sent the approval and then I have to go for stamping.
(2) Or I have to get letter and submit it personally on any Wed and she would then stamp it right away. I obviousley chose 2nd option.

She didn\'t ask any of the documents. she also told me that she wish she can approve me today and was very sorry about all the hassles for me. ALso, she told me that rarely employment cases get transfered to local.

Officers\' name was Ms. Brown, about 40+ yrs of age, very nice, polite.

so my advise is that those whose FP were uncleared, should get letter of good moral character from all the townships since they lived in.

i know one unclassified fp case

when i went to fp .one ladey in front me she is 3rd time to
give finger print. what ......labla....really her had fp is not clear
like all others.what can she do .god gave it all her familey no are approved in year 2000. she still come with in 2002 .hereevery thing is pure luck. god will take care.

How did you do your FP?

Did you have an electronic or ink FP? You said your FP is not cleared. Did you mean it\'s not clear technically or FBI cannot clear your case? Please advise. Good luck.

finger print

First time they did electronic, second time black ink because the operator couldn\'t do it on machine. Then my case was transfer to local and got FP notice from local Newark, NJ office. That time I aksed technician who was taking my fp that what is wrong? He told me that my FPs are too complex and he showed me his which were very clearer.

MY FPs are according to FBI, non-classifiable meaning unclear. They can not use it to match in their database. If FBI can not clear th case means that you have conviction in the past and you have to prove that you are clean and not a threat to USA. In my case, FPs are not clear enough to search the match.

If there is more than one FP I advise to get GMC letter (Good Moral character) from local police station from the towns where you have stayed...

case transferred to Boston INS

Hi Giuys,
s there any body there with thier cases that was transferred to INS Boston from any srvice centers. if so how long does it take to get the interview notice from the time the case has been transferred.

thanks in advance

charu

What documents your bring with you for the interview?

They let me bring my medical results, employment letter, passport and i94.

jp1996, thank you for the clarification!

So you have to find the phone number of the local police station and contact them one by one? Is there pretty much a standard procedure and format for the police station? Are they cooperative usually? Thanks again!