Interview At Local Office

ClevelandOH

Registered Users (C)
Guys ,
I had my interview at local office last week . I was kind of worry , because I had no clue what they want from me .My asylum case is very simple , not complicated .IO was nice and very friendly , he turn on camera and ask me to tell true , I said "yes" .He ask for NP , and give it back to me , so its like he check my ID only, did not look at visas , stamps , etc.Next , he open my original I485 , and ask ALL QUESTIONS from form , from the beginning to the end.Using red ink , he put check mark to all fields.After the last answer from long list "NO", "NO", "NO" , he stand up , shake my hand and said "Your PR status is approved , you can apply for citizenship in a for years ".Than we both sat down , he took a paper from my file and said "This is your approval letter....".Next second I did stupid thing: I was trying to take it with my both hands , but he did not give it to me.He continue "you'll get it by mail in a two weeks , and plastic card in a two months , both from Lincoln".I said , "I was so worry , and expect something like additional papers , etc , but got approval , this is my lucky day , and I feel happy now". He said "Usually if we need some additional papers or if we have some questions , we are sending request by mail , we are not here to surprise applicants with any kind of unexpected questions" . I brought all my immigration papers , one big bag with original documents , identical bag with copies , and third huge with tax returns , both personal , and for my company , but he did not ask for anything (tax returns , work paper, travel document,etc).After all I said "Thanks" like 10 times , he follow with me to the exit , and that's it.I spend 15 min total , including 7-8 min for interview itself .It was easy , simple , and I wish to all of you guys , who is waiting , nice IO , and the same good experience/result.
Also , I'd like to tell you , guys something , that always helps if you not sure how to answer the question.It may help you at interview , I think.If the question is "yes " or "no" , answer correctly , but if the question is "black" or "white" --- do not answer!Just say "Depends from...." .
I wish you all good luck , sorry I did not post it sooner , but I did answer all private massages.
Feel free to ask.
What is my current status? "Verbally approved" ?????

Thank you for sharing your experience. Did I get it right that they videotape the interview??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Morning said:
Thank you for sharing your experience. Did I get it right that they videotape the interview??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes , he videotape it , and I have feeling its just "for quality purposes..." . You know , when you calling company , they telling "Your phone call will be recorded for quality purposes"

ClevelandOH said:

Yes , he videotape it , and I have feeling its just "for quality purposes..." . You know , when you calling company , they telling "Your phone call will be recorded for quality purposes"

Mr. ClevelandOH, Thank you very much for your postinging your experience at the interview, and congrajulations with your new status as permanent resident. I hope we will find our interviews as easy as yours............Again welcome and thanks

ClevelandOH said:

Thank you very much and congratulations on your PR approval!
Please update your status here.

iswaiting said:
Thank you very much and congratulations on your PR approval!
Please update your status here.
Well ,I still don't have any proof of approval , It is kind of earlier to congratulate me , or update info here , hoping to get letter this or next week , but I already celebrate BIG DAY with my friends.
Thank you , and good luck guys!!!!

Dear ClevelandOH,
Congrats on your approval. Pl let us know name of the state where your interview was held. Our case of May 2002 ND was transferred from NSC to TSC and then to local office in Washington DC on December 21, 2005. Last update was on January 3, 2006 and then nothing. Please share your expeirence in this regard. Thanks
Paarey

Paarey said:
Dear ClevelandOH,
Congrats on your approval. Pl let us know name of the state where your interview was held. Our case of May 2002 ND was transferred from NSC to TSC and then to local office in Washington DC on December 21, 2005. Last update was on January 3, 2006 and then nothing. Please share your expeirence in this regard. Thanks
Paarey
Well ,for my office location look at my screen name.Regarding last update , don't look at website any more , never going to change.Just time from time do infopass .Personally I never received letter for interview by mail , it has been lost , but they gave me a copy at local office during the visit thru infopass.
Good luck 2 you !

Singh6
Thank you, kind soul! :)
ClevelandOH
I'm glad it's over for you and hope you'll get your plastic soon. :)

Morning said:
Singh6
Thank you, kind soul! :)
ClevelandOH
I'm glad it's over for you and hope you'll get your plastic soon. :)

Dear Ms. Morning:

A lady together with me to have her Code1 done on Nov.16. last year got her G/C without any changes in INS's website. She thought it was a credit card, then three days later, she opened, it is her long time waiting G/C. No welcome letter at all. Is this strange?

cody2
After 10 years being stuck with the INS nothing surprises me. :rolleyes:

Morning said:
cody2
After 10 years being stuck with the INS nothing surprises me. :rolleyes:

Dear Ms. Morning:

My heart is colding down & down. I try my best of not thinking of G/C all the time. It is really painful once you think of it???

cody2 said:
Dear Ms. Morning:

My heart is colding down & down. I try my best of not thinking of G/C all the time. It is really painful once you think of it???

That pain is so twisting in heart???

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear cody2,
Take it easy, do not pay attention to stupid messages about "indefinite period of time" and you' ll go free soon. :)