Interview at Chennai on 28th Oct, how many

mbm

Registered Users (C)
days in advance we must start from US at the minimum.

We are not able to get more than 8-10 days of vacation, so need to plan accordingly considering pre-interview work and time required to receive stamped PP etc.

In addition to employment letter, is it REQUIRED to notarize other documents too?

Thanks,
MBM

How many days in advance we must start from US at the minimum.
Answer: Assume 2 days to fly and reach. 1 Day rest. Next day Medical. 1 Day contingency gap. Next day interview. So atleast 5 days prior to interview but I would recommend leave usa 1 week prior to interview. Since your interview is on 10/28...see if you can leave on 17th oct (friday) and return on 2nd nov (sun). Perfect 10 working days!

In addition to employment letter, is it REQUIRED to notarize other documents too?
Answer: Two documents that need to be notarized are employment letters and I-134. Rest document you can carry regular non-notarized photocopies and when the consulate collects the copies you can show originals of those non-notarized photocopies!

mbm,
Keep more time after interview. One of my friend's friend had some problems with name spell etc and they had to send the forms back to consulate for correction. Considering situations like this it is better if you have more time in the later part of the interview.
Ravi

I concur with rvalla. Provide 1 week before interview for medical checkup and minimum 1 week after interview. If you can make more time after the interview that will be good! More the merrier!

Ravi and Kdivekar, thanks for your inputs.

I was also thinking on similar lines.

-MBM

pmt:

there are basically 3 ways to find out about the interview at any consulate:

1. About 2 weeks after P3 mailed to consulate, send an email to the consulate with your case number.

OR

2. Either you or your folks in your home country can call the consulate and provide your case number to get updates on your case

OR

3. Your folks can pay a personal visit to the consulate to get details.

Option 1 is preferred since it is in writing but usually takes 2+ weeks to get a response.

Option 2 & 3 are ideal since you get instant answers.

This is the question abt address for Blue Dart Courriers delivery of IV papers.

1. Can I give the address for delivery other than address specified in passport?
2. If yes, Do I need to be there at that address to pick up?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes you can give any address in your home city / where you will be having your interview.

You need not be the person who receives the p4. You can have it addressed to one of your folks/ friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by kdivekar
Yes you can give any address in your home country where you will be having your interview.

You need not be the person who receives the p4. You can have it addressed to one of your folks/ friends!

A note of caution:

1. I was flying out from Delhi and did not want to use the Chennai address for getting my passport as I did not want to wait. When I asked if I can use my Delhi address for CP the lady who was giving the courier form was surprised and started asking why did I come to Chennai for CP if I wanted it to be sent to Delhi. So I gave my hotel address My suggestion to be safe give any address that belongs to the consulate zone for eg. Chennai takes care of all the south indian cities so use any of those address like in hyderabad or bangalore.

2. There have been cases in Chennai blue dart where the courier guy has asked for some id from the person taking the courier. So it is best to have them ready to show one.