Interview at Charlotte Local Office

ag_0001

Registered Users (C)
Last week I got interviewed at Charlotte, the oath was also completed the same day.

Time Line

Filing - Texas RO - Dec 2002
Fingerprint - May 2003
Interview Letter - August 2003 for Oct 2003 date
Interview Cancellation Letter - Sept 2003

Another Interview Letter - Dec 2003
Interview - Jan 2004
Oath - Jan 2004.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all :)

Interview in Charlotte

I have received notice to go for my interview in Charlotte next month. This is just over a year since sending in my application for citizenship. My husband who applied at the same time has not received a notice. Our PR was obtained through employment - I-140.

What are the chances of having the Oath Ceremony on the same day - assuming that the interview goes smoothly. Is it something that can be arranged for in advance? Please share any details of the interview and Oath process.

Re: Interview in Charlotte

Originally posted by Ardent
I have received notice to go for my interview in Charlotte next month. This is just over a year since sending in my application for citizenship. My husband who applied at the same time has not received a notice. Our PR was obtained through employment - I-140.

What are the chances of having the Oath Ceremony on the same day - assuming that the interview goes smoothly.
- If you have the interview scheduled before 2 PM then it is very likely that you may have oath on same day provided one is scheduled for that day.

Is it something that can be arranged for in advance?
- No

Please share any details of the interview and Oath process.
- Well as you are aware, Charlotte Dist. Office moved to a brand new office last year. At entry we (me and my wife) were asked to show our letter and driv. license and then asked to wait in a hall.

The interviewers come to the hall and announce names. I was scheduled for 9:40 AM but was called about 2 hours late (which is not common as far as I know). He prefusly said that he was sorry for the delay ....
I was taken into a nice office style room and he went to other side of the table - he had a computer and had my case online. He asked me to take a oath of truthfulness and to take out my passport, greencard, driving license and social security card and took out a sheet of paper with about 15 questions already written. He asked six questions only as I answered all correctly (they are from the 100 question list widely published). Then he asked me to read a simple sentense and also write another one.

Then he went through the file and asked each and every question again. He printed few pages from the computer and filed them into my file. Then he gave me a letter saying that I passed the interview and told me that he is forwarding my file to his supervisor for final determination. He asked me to wait in the hall.

After about 20 mts a lady came out with letters and annonced few names. I was one of them, She told us that we will take oath the same day at 2 PM.

My wife was scheduled at 1 PM and was interviewed with same experience.

The Oath Hall is just opposite the waiting hall and about 25 people gathered for the ceromony. The officer came is at about 2:10 and told us about the procedure. It is a 20 minute process and is very simple. He annonces names, takes the greencard and the oath letter. We have to sit in the same order as called by him as the naturalization letters are in same order.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Good luck

:)

ag_0001,
Sorry , but I did not quite follow where did you file your N 400.
You mantioned you filed in Texas RO.
But on the ohter hand you were interviewed at Charlotte ( I suppose North Carolina)
So please let us know what is your exact location.

Interview in Charlotte

Hi ag_0001:

Thank you so much for responding to my question with such a comprehensive reply. I wasn't aware that the Charlotte office had moved, although now that I look at the letter, I do see that it is a new address. I will make sure that I get directions well in advance.

Hearing about your experience gives me some idea of what to expect - thank you. My interview is scheduled for the morning, so maybe I will be lucky with the Oath, if things go smoothly. My main concern is that my husband hasn't received a letter too. As we applied together, and have done everything else together it seems strange. After all, my green card was based on the approval of his original I-140 petition.

Once I have had the interview, I will post my experience for any others who will be going to the Charlotte office.

Originally posted by Radni
ag_0001,
Sorry , but I did not quite follow where did you file your N 400.
You mantioned you filed in Texas RO.
But on the ohter hand you were interviewed at Charlotte ( I suppose North Carolina)
So please let us know what is your exact location.

I live in NC and filed in Texas RO as required. My dist. office is Charlotte and was interviewed there.

Thanks

Re: Interview in Charlotte

Originally posted by Ardent
Hi ag_0001:

My main concern is that my husband hasn't received a letter too. As we applied together, and have done everything else together it seems strange. After all, my green card was based on the approval of his original I-140 petition.

This is quite common and you should not be concerned ... it is only matter of time

Naturalization - Charlotte Interview

Has anyone been for an interview in Charlotte in the last month? If so, was the Oath Ceremony on the same day?

My interview is scheduled for 2 weeks time, but there is still no news or information about when my husband's will be. Seems crazy for them not to scheduled for the same day when it is such an important event in our lives.

Wife of a friend on mine went during first week of March (my friend has not recd his interview notice yet). She did not have her oath the same day but was given a letter on the spot for oath for next week.

I have seen this happening to may couples. Also they schedule oath two days a week - Wednusdays and Thursdays and normally if a oath is scheduled and you get interviewed before 2 PM you can get oath the same day.

Thank you. I guess you have also answered an important question for me. My interview is for a Friday, so I now know that I won't be able to do the Oath on the same day.

Hello AG_0001,
I see that your first interview was cancelled and rescheduled another three months out. Did you have to do the finger printing again?

Thanks
P. George

P. George - No, I was not asked to do fingerprints again.

Originally posted by pgeorge64
Hello AG_0001,
I see that your first interview was cancelled and rescheduled another three months out. Did you have to do the finger printing again?

Thanks
P. George

Timeframe !

I sent in my N-400 on May 12th 2003 and got FP'd on Aug 8th 2003. I see in some threads about calling a FBI number to verify the FP check. I tried it today and I dont see any option to verify our finger prints. Do I get any information from FBI about the clearance ? And, some people talk about the status disappearing from the online system ? Please keep the timeframes posted !!

Thanks

Charlotte office oath ceremony

Ardent and MQUNGZ ,
Please post your Interview/oath experience. Our interview is scheduled for the second week of July and would like to get some input.

Interview At Charlotte Local

PD FEB 2003
FP JULY 2003
INTERVIEW JUNE 3 2004
OATH JUNE 29 2004
Interview was for about 15 minutes and mainly focussed on the contents of my N400, after which the officer asked me five questions, the usual questions on the website.I had to read a sentence in English and also write one in English as well.The interviewer was nice and courteous.He
approved my application for citizenship and they gave me a letter the same day for my oath.

Reply please

Could you please tell us why there was cancellation?? Also, is this normal processing time for all applying to Texas service center??

thanks

Thanks -- MQUNGZ

MQUNGZ ,

Thanks for the info. Your post explains the process between interview and oath.

ag_0001 said:
Last week I got interviewed at Charlotte, the oath was also completed the same day.

Time Line

Filing - Texas RO - Dec 2002
Fingerprint - May 2003
Interview Letter - August 2003 for Oct 2003 date
Interview Cancellation Letter - Sept 2003

Another Interview Letter - Dec 2003
Interview - Jan 2004
Oath - Jan 2004.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all :)

I have never heard of ANYONE in the orlando district getting oath the same day as interview. Congratulations!!

pamarao said:
Could you please tell us why there was cancellation?? Also, is this normal processing time for all applying to Texas service center??

thanks

I do not know the reason of cancellation of my first interview. I can only guess.

You may follow this and other threads for processing time of the TSC but remember that the file goes to local centers for scheduling interviews and that time can be different.