Interview appt in Tampa

Stratos

Registered Users (C)
We just got interview notices in the mail. This seems to be a standard form which says: "Where applicable, bring the following to the interview" and, then it lists a number of documents to bring. The last line, asking for my current Driver's licenses, is the only one in bold fonts. All the other documents on the list don't make sense to me (Stock certificate of US corporation, articles of incorporation of US corporation, etc.).

I consider my case pretty straight forward (same company, same address, no RFEs, etc.). Do I really have to come up with all the other documents on the list?

Please help.

ND/RD: 3/26/2003
FP: 5/29/2002
TD: 5/13/2004
AD: I'm hoping very soon...

Stratos:

Could you tell us when the interview was scheduled for, was it a month from the receipt of the letter? Thanks.

Pianoman

dates on letter

The letter is dated 5/20 and the interview is scheduled for 6/16.

Any idea what to bring?

Other than what's indicated in the letter, I'd say your EADs and APs, 485 receipt. The most important one I think is the employment verification letter. Some say that from the document requested you should be able to tell the reason for your transfer, but in your case the listed documents are quite confusing, at least to me.

Stratos,

I got the same letter from Tampa BCIS as you did for interview. I'm confused just like you as not sure how to come up with all those list of things. My interview is scheduled for 6/29. I never changed employers or location. Straight forward case.

Other thing I noticed is that they only ask for Driver License or other government issued id, and no where it lists passport. My understanding was that passport is what's needed for I-551 stamp, if approved??

Please keep us informed here how your interview goes. This would be extremely valuable for us all. Thank You

ND 8/23/01
TD 12/15/03

wild guess

"Where applicable" seems to be the key - stocks, bonds and all that stuff is probably for an investment-based GC. Anyway, this is a wild guess. (IANAL - but you should probably ask one for advice).

Finally GC approved!!!

Went to our interview appt. today. Got there by 9:00 a.m. Waited in line outside for about 10 minutes and got in. Once in the Adjudication room we waited until around 11:20 a.m. before they called us in. The officer was very nice and supportive. As it turns out, it seems like the reason why our case was transferred was that the officer got confused with dates.

I entered US 10/99 with an L1B (Intracompany transferee) but I started employment with this same company 4/91. It seems like the officer assumed that I had been already in the US since then which is not the case. I started employment in Canada and was, then, transferred to US. Other than that, the officer spent a few minutes confirming that we had always remained in lawful status while in the country.

Since I did not have my wife's and son's passport with me (I had mailed it to Canada for renewal a couple of days before we got the interview notice), the officer let them run to the back of the building to get pictures so that she could issue them a temp card. She also stamped my daughter's and my passport. It all took a bit longer than an hour.

This has been a long and painful journey but, since the day I visited this forum, not a lonely one. I've found in this site not only answers for my silent questions but also hope for my fainting spirit. To all of you, and especially those everpresent gurus, my heartfelt thanks.

ND/RD: 3/26/2002
FP: 05/30/2003
AD: 06/16/2004

Stratos
congrats
what do you mean by temp card? Will your wife and son receive plastic card withtout having their passport stamped?
thanks

Passport stamp

Yes, she will get a plastic card even without a stamp on her passport. My understanding is that the stamp is only good in case you want to travel before you get your card in the mail. Once you do, the stamp has no value.

Congratulations Stratos,

Nice to hear all went well. Question:

What sort of documents officer asked you for during interview, if any? For example, employment letter, Tax returns etc.?

Thanks and good luck.!!!

The officer accepted all the copies we brought in but she specifically asked for the following:

EADs
APs
I-94s
Job letter
Tax returns
Passports
Birth certificates