interview approved no i-551 stamp?

beemer8

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I had my interview today and the interview went well, and the officer said he is going to approve after talking to his supervisor. I see postings saying something about getting a i-551 stamping after their interview, i had none of that in my case, what does that mean?

I-551 stamp

beemer8,

You did not get I-551 stamp.....no biggy. Nowadays most of us don't get that stamp anymore since the actual card usually takes 10-14 days to arrive in the mail anyways. On the other hand the officer that interviewed you may not be senior and he may not have the stamp handy in his office who knows. Give it a day or two after the interview and when you check your status online, you should see an update on your I-485 application with the most recent date saying that your card has been ordered.

The stamp is only usually given to people who have to travel right after approval.

I guess my wife got lucky coz the officer without even asking if we had any travel plans took out his stamp pad and stamped her passport. He did advise her to avoid tgravel if it's not too urgent and wait for the actual card in the mail which should take 2 weeks if not less.

I guess my wife got lucky coz the officer without even asking if we had any travel plans took out his stamp pad and stamped her passport. He did advise her to avoid tgravel if it's not too urgent and wait for the actual card in the mail which should take 2 weeks if not less.

my case was unique. I needed to travel to my home country ASAP. I got the stamp on a Thursday and was on a plane the Saturday. I had secondary inspection which lasted for an eternity since I was no where in the system according to the border inspector.almost missed my connecting flight but it was worth it. My card arrived 3 months later with an error lol.