Interview and the 2nd FP

baobao

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All:

My 1st FP (May 10. 03) has been expired way before the next month's interview, and I would like to hear any comments on the following questions:

1. Will the 2nd FP absolutedly needed for my case?

Since my case was touched (transferred) before the 1st FP expired, is it possible that the 2nd FP may not be required?

2. If the 2nd FP is needed, will it be done during the interview or it will be scheduled on a different date? Is such scheduling done by local office?

3. If the 2nd FP is required, does that mean that we will NOT get the approval after this interview, and that we will have to wait till the 2nd FP is cleared? and does that mean it could take another 1-3 months after the interview?

As always, I appreicate very much for any comments,

You may find my profile at the link below:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...?threadid=94405

baobao
1. From my personal experience 2nd FP is necessary while my attorney mentioned that some immigration officers ignore 2nd FP if the firstone expired just before the interview(like a week). In your case my guess is they might ask you to redo 2nd FP.
2. 2nd FP scheduling is done by local office and you will get the date of 2nd FP during interview. once you get 2nd FP notice you can try your luck by going to commerce street. If they are not busy they might allow you to redo FP's orelse you have to appear on the scheduled date.
3. If they ask you redo FP then obviously they won't stamp your passport but they might stamp pending GC.

For affidavit of support you donot need another one, if you have already submitted one during filing of I-485. Incase if you want to take another one, you have to take affidavit of support for your wife. You don't need. Don't volunteer any documents unless BCIS asked you. Take all originals and a copy of everything.

fromhyd, thank you so much

Hi, Fromhyd:

I am grateful that you have kept helping me out, thanks a bundle!

While I am now clear on the 2nd FP issue, I am still confused on the Affidavit of support issue despite spending a couple of hours reading all relevant posts on this board, I would really appreciate if you could offer some comment on the questions below:

1. For me: I-134 or I-864?

Mine is a EB2-NIW case, and I did not submit any Affidavit of support when filing I-485. From what I have read from this board, it seems that the concensus is I should use I-134 for myself, do you agree with it?

2. For my working spouse: I-134 or I-864?

Most of relavent posts suggested I-864, do you agree?

Also, we have jointed everything: bank account, income tax return etc, I suppose one copy/original set should be good for both of us, agree?

Many thanks,

bb

baobao
You donot need affidavit of support for yourself. You need affidavit of support for your spouse. I filed I-134 for my wife.
I think it doesn't make a difference which one you files. Take both and if the immigration officer asks give one of them. Try to take couple of your working spouse paystubs if possible. They are not required but there is no harm. Good luck.

thanks, fromhyd

Hi, Fromhyd:

Thanks so much for the comments, and since you have just gone through the interview not long ago with a similar situation, I am going to follow your suggestion: I will prepare both I-134 and I-864 for my spouse, certainly will bring all recent paystubs.

Thanks a lot, friend, will keep you updated.

best,

bb