Interview and Name Check

razorback

Registered Users (C)
CSC/San Francisco DO - Oakland

I submitted my N-400 application in September 2005 and finished the fingerprint on 10/27. Checked with FBI and fingerprint result was returned the same day. However, I still haven't received interview notice until today(1/23). Online status is still there. Went for an InfoPass on 12/30 and was told everything is OK.

I noticed that some forum members with November priority date have already been scheduled for interview. I am wondering if there are other people in the same boat as me. Is it possible my case is pending FBI name check? Does anyone know if USCIS only sends an interview notice after name check is cleared or are they in parallel? From what I have heard, it seems that people get their interview notice fair quickly after their fingerprint appointments.

Thank you very much for your help.

razorback said:
CSC/San Francisco DO - Oakland

I submitted my N-400 application in September 2005 and finished the fingerprint on 10/27. Checked with FBI and fingerprint result was returned the same day. However, I still haven't received interview notice until today(1/23). Online status is still there. Went for an InfoPass on 12/30 and was told everything is OK.

I noticed that some forum members with November priority date have already been scheduled for interview. I am wondering if there are other people in the same boat as me. Is it possible my case is pending FBI name check? Does anyone know if USCIS only sends an interview notice after name check is cleared or are they in parallel? From what I have heard, it seems that people get their interview notice fair quickly after their fingerprint appointments.

Thank you very much for your help.

it seems in nowadays, USCIS tries to schedule interview regardless if the name check is done or not. However, other people's timeline might just be used as a guideline. each application would have its own timeline thou. Sometime, applying the immigration benefit in US has to do more luck, then actually whom you are.

get help

razor

Given the processing times this is not normal you should have gotten your interview letter already. Not trying to make you worry but worry now and save time don't wait. First call the 800 number and speak to an officer. This is better than Infopass as the officer on the phone has access to the entire database and will find out if a letter has indeed been sent out to you and you probably didn't get it because it got lost in the mail or delivered to wrong adress. The officer can tell you something. If you don't get anywhere hire a a lawyer.

rm38134 said:
razor

Given the processing times this is not normal you should have gotten your interview letter already. Not trying to make you worry but worry now and save time don't wait. First call the 800 number and speak to an officer. This is better than Infopass as the officer on the phone has access to the entire database and will find out if a letter has indeed been sent out to you and you probably didn't get it because it got lost in the mail or delivered to wrong adress. The officer can tell you something. If you don't get anywhere hire a a lawyer.

Wrong information! First of all, the people who answer the 800 number are not "officers". Secondly, they do NOT have access to any database of personal info. Thirdly, they can tell you nothing, other than wait for the letter. Even the "general" information they give is usually wrong.

The only way to check your "real" status is by Infopass. You speak with a USCIS employee who can look up your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for suggestions. It seems I need to schedule another InfoPass.

INS has been giving me trouble ever since my I-140 days. Sigh.