Interpreter for Interview?

Van5152

Registered Users (C)
Wife is worried that her english is not good enough for the I-485 Interview she is planning in a few months. She has been taking a ESL for 6 months now and she is getting better, but she is still concerned.

Do we need to bring an Interpreter for Interview?

Van5152 said:
Wife is worried that her english is not good enough for the I-485 Interview she is planning in a few months. She has been taking a ESL for 6 months now and she is getting better, but she is still concerned.

not so sure, people normally are allowed to bring a lawyer to the interview (not sure whether lawyer can be the intrepeter. My lawyer told me one of his clients went to the interview, husband was the intrepeter, translated his wife's words , i was AH???!!! well, it is in new york.
best luck

Van5152 said:

Yes. You could (only if you want to). It is not a need or a must, but depends on your wife's comfort level conversing fluently in english.

It would be mentioned in her interview letter that she could get an interpretor if needed.

Last edited by a moderator: