International student in USA applying for canadian PR

Koolkhan

a- I am currently pursuing my Master's in usa, i have already completed one year of study here and will graduate in dec 2009. i have a four year Bachelor's degree. so altogether i have completed 17 yrs of education. i am confused about choosing two of the following options:

1) Obtained a master’s or Ph.D. and completed at least 17 years of full-time education or full-time equivalent studies.
2) Obtained a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies.
i want to know for which of the category i m eligible. please reply.

b- what are finacial requirements and what are the documents i need to show for proof of my assests. does everything have to be in cash or could it be in kind like immovable property...

Don't you have to live in Canada and complete your education there to be elligible? You jst admitted you are in the US, so how is that making you elligible for a Canadian GC? just curious? enlighten me!

Don't you have to live in Canada and complete your education there to be elligible? You jst admitted you are in the US, so how is that making you elligible for a Canadian GC? just curious? enlighten me!

No its not necessary to study and live in canad to be eligible for applying candian PR. Though it increases your chance pretty much and makes process alot easier if you are applying for PR while living in canda. But one can apply for PR while living in any country.