International Security Check

Kay2

Registered Users (C)
I got a letter from my congressman. I think they contacted FBI. He says that there are many sceurity background checks not only FBI. It includes international security checks.
I asked FBI using FIOPA to send me my file. They sent me in one week and told me that I have not been under any investigation and has no record. My guess is the name check pending is for international checks from other countries. I have been in Canada for several years and my guess is that is holding my name check still pending. Anybody else has similar experience? What can we do to make these checks faster. I also called Canadian Intelligence Services to see if I have any file pending, but they did not return my call.

ND Nov. 11, 2001

Kay2 said:
I got a letter from my congressman. I think they contacted FBI. He says that there are many sceurity background checks not only FBI. It includes international security checks.
I asked FBI using FIOPA to send me my file. They sent me in one week and told me that I have not been under any investigation and has no record. My guess is the name check pending is for international checks from other countries. I have been in Canada for several years and my guess is that is holding my name check still pending. Anybody else has similar experience? What can we do to make these checks faster. I also called Canadian Intelligence Services to see if I have any file pending, but they did not return my call.

ND Nov. 11, 2001

How did you ask/apply for FIOPA ? is there any form on that ?

thanks

International check???

Now I am in for a long delay. I had stayed in Canada for 5 years and 5 years in Australia. (former canadian resident and current Australian citizen). Any one who got the AOS with these conditions....please let me know approximate time frame for the same.

FOIA form

Check FBI website

foia.fbi.gov.

Fax the form after filling and following the instructions.
Good luck

Kay2 said:
Check FBI website

foia.fbi.gov.

Fax the form after filling and following the instructions.
Good luck
How did you approach the Congressman. Any kinda a letter ? Any idea how to approach the Congressman ?

Kay2 said:

ND Nov. 11, 2001

Hi Kay2

Did you mention in your I-485 form that you have canada citizenship???

Yes I did

Yes I did. It does not matter. Actually my wife's name check was cleared two years ago, but she did not live in Canada and did not have Canadian Citizenship. I think that caused the problem for me.

Another question. Yes the for is free. I did not pay anything, but they ask how much you are ready to pay for duplication. Since I did not have any file with FBI, it did not cost anything.