International business travel, don’t have H1B stamped

linux1112000

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1B visa but I never got H1B stamped on my passport. I was transferred from F1 to H1B in 1999 and I have never been out of USA since then. My company wants me to go UK for training. I was wondering since I don't have H1B stamped do I have to go back to my country to get H1B stamped or is there any other rule applicable for business travel.

How does one justify the difference between travel for business or leisure to BCIS?

You need a stamp in order to get back into US. You can get this as a TCN in canada or mexico. With a US degree, it should be easy to get the Visa stamp.
You can also contact US consulate in London and find out whether they take appointments for third country nationals...

Last edited by a moderator:
London Consulate does take TCN applications but be aware of the fact that they take a minimum of 5 days to process the visa after the interview (they send it to you only by mail). Moreover, you should have a letter from your company stating the reason you are in UK and applying for the visa there else the consular officer is likely to take the view that you are "consulate shopping" (looking around for an easy consulate!).