Interview Date June 7th 2005...
Went in at 7:50 ...documents were collected at around 8:30
at 2 pm they called us again & officer took the finger prints
for all of us(myself,wife & daughter) after that he said
everything looks fine paper work are in order but I am not
issuing the visa because we are doing FBI name check whic
will take 5 days or less ...gave us this form & asked us to
check back with us about FBI name check if that's completed
submit the passport at 7:30 & collect stamped passport same day...
yes he returned the passport without cancelling H1-B visa &

Any idea how much time this process takes?

I took a week for me last year. It could range anywhere betn 1-4 weeks. If they have said 5 days. Call back after 5 days. Normally that should work.

ansarianas: good luck with your name-check! Hopefully it will be done soon.

From what I've gathered from the forums, the Embassy at New Delhi is asking all CP interviewees from the US to email/contact the Embassy on arrival in India, at least 5 -business days prior to their interview, in order to process an FBI name-check. So, it seems, at least for New Delhi interviewees, all are being screened.

Best wishes to all.

Similar situation but with a twist

My wife had an interview on the same day 6/7 and although my passport was stamped with the immigrant visa, hers was kept pending for internal processing. I am back in the US now. Came back on 6/11. I wrote to the consulate to find out about my wife's status. They sent me this reply:

"The internal processing has been completed. The principal applicant should come to our office any working day at 07:30 a.m. with our refusal letter, the pending documents (if any), and the applicants' passports.

Regards,
MM"

Now, her passport is in the consulate. They canceled her Student Visa and kept the passport with them. I am in the US already. She called them and they insist that she needs to come to the consulate at 7:30 AM even though we have no other documents pending and we dont even have the passport. I am the primary applicant and I am already in the US.

Anything strange here? Or should she just go to the consulate and they will give her the passport and stamped visa by evening the same day?

PS: I have had a spectacular experience which I will post a little later that will blow your mind away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 20 months delay normal??!!

Hi Guys,

I started my filing on GreenCard (through Marriage) on June,04,2003. I did my fingerprint on October,2003 , since then my documents are supposed to be waiting for security checking (more than 20 months now). I did my last interview (with my wife) on January 2004, and they told me they will mail me the green card when they receive security checking response back.

Now it's 20 months after sending documents to FBI (or any other security office), and it's more than 18 months after my last interview.
1. Is this 20 months waiting period is normal?
2. What can I do to make this process faster? email/mail/phone to congressman in my state? or mail/email to FBI or any other security office?
(Obviously USCIS is not responding anything)
3. Anybody with the same long-waiting period?
4. In general, is there anybody who has received answer from FBI (or any other security office) after a long-waiting period, since the last 1-2 years?

Thanks
Danny