Interlink I-485 happened

EB1-2007

Registered Users (C)
I filed for I-140 and got approved. I did not file I-485 together with EB1. Even before the EB1 approval i filed for NIW and I-485 together (Since it is EB2).

My EB1 was approved and NIW had RFE. So i withdrew NIW.

When i asked my attorney if i can interlink, he was not confident it might becuase there is no proof or any separate application.

I did not want to spend another $5000 for the second I-485. So i kept sending interlinking requests and almost one year without any improvement or reply from USCIS. I kept calling periodically too.

One lucky day a good hearted officer answered my phone call and made a note and sent a email to higher officer. It was a lucky day that she answered my phone call the second time too. I then could find the LUD change two days in row.

I then confirmed to bunch of officers that my 495 was linked to my EB1.

On march, 2009 i recieved an RFE (485) to submit my academic advancements in my field and birth certificate. I submitted those and saw two LUD changes. Now fingers crossed and waiting for the reply........

I thought to write to this forum becuase this is where i got this idea and this forum helped me in tough times.