Interim EAD

hari_nupur

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My I485 is on file in California Service Center (CSC), RD Jan 25, 2002. I have applied for EAD renewal in CSC, RD Mar 17, 2003. My current EAD expires on Jun 14, 2003 and my current mailing address is in Houston, Texas.

Which local office do I approach for interim EAD, Houston, TX or San Jose, California?

Plaese advise :confused:

Either

Either, but if you approach houston, you have a big risk of transfer to the quicksand service center called TSC. What kind of ID do you have? CA or TX?

90days & Houston office

Is the Houston office very strict about 90 days from the receipt date before applying for iEAD & how long does it take to get iEAD?

hari nupur,
can you post your experience at the Houston service center on getting the iEAD? Did you find the answer to you question that do you have to wait for 90+ days before going for the iEAD?

Thanks

jaxen , hari nupur ... what are the required documents for applying for iEAD at local INS after 90 days?
OLd EAD Card, 765 receipt , anything else?

Thanks

iEAD docs

Taking following docs with me
1) Filled up I765 appln (new) with "Interim EAD - no fee" written on top"
2) Original I765 receipt + copy
3) Current EAD + copy
4) I765 appln
5) Copy of I485 receipt
6)Copy of I140 approval notice
7) Employment letter
8) Passport
9)INS specific photos
10) Marriage Certificate
11) Cash (in case I765's approved - u need to pay 120 $ for interim EAD)
12) Marriage certificate
13) Blank I765(just in case)

Hi Hari_Nupur,

Did you got the I-EAD from local INS office??

Do we need the photos again??

Thanks,
Joyin55

I don't think photos are required. They take photograph in INS office itself for interim EAD. I had a few extra photos - so, I'm carrying them with me.